Talend - Drools - XLS Rules Table Help

One Star

Talend - Drools - XLS Rules Table Help

I am experimenting with Drools tRules on Talend Data Services Platform 6.2.1.20160704 as a possible way to provide my business users with increased flexibility in configuring how a Talend job interacts on some extract data.
However, even working through the simplest example I am unable to get it to work and I'm looking for pointers from anyone that has it working.  Is full comprehension of Java going to play a big role in troubleshooting Talend jobs?
The job is simple:
                                    /--> tLogRow (Region)
tFixedFlowInput --> tRules 
                                    \--> tLogRow (Age)
I get the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/poi/openxml4j/exceptions/InvalidFormatException
at org.drools.decisiontable.XlsInput.createParser(InputType.java:51)
at org.drools.decisiontable.SpreadsheetCompiler.compile(SpreadsheetCompiler.java:92)
at org.drools.decisiontable.SpreadsheetCompiler.compile(SpreadsheetCompiler.java:72)
at org.drools.decisiontable.DecisionTableProviderImpl.compileStream(DecisionTableProviderImpl.java:37)
at org.drools.decisiontable.DecisionTableProviderImpl.loadFromInputStream(DecisionTableProviderImpl.java:20)
at org.drools.compiler.compiler.DecisionTableFactory.loadFromInputStream(DecisionTableFactory.java:15)
at org.drools.compiler.builder.impl.KnowledgeBuilderImpl.decisionTableToPackageDescr(KnowledgeBuilderImpl.java:374)
at org.drools.compiler.builder.impl.KnowledgeBuilderImpl.addPackageFromDecisionTable(KnowledgeBuilderImpl.java:364)
at org.drools.compiler.builder.impl.KnowledgeBuilderImpl.addKnowledgeResource(KnowledgeBuilderImpl.java:674)
at org.drools.compiler.builder.impl.KnowledgeBuilderImpl.add(KnowledgeBuilderImpl.java:2164)
disconnected
at local_project.drools_0_1.Drools$1KnowledgeBase_tRules_2.readKnowledgeBaseXLS(Drools.java:1201)
at local_project.drools_0_1.Drools$1KnowledgeBase_tRules_2.readKnowledgeBase(Drools.java:1152)
at local_project.drools_0_1.Drools.tFixedFlowInput_1Process(Drools.java:1228)
at local_project.drools_0_1.Drools.runJobInTOS(Drools.java:1899)
at local_project.drools_0_1.Drools.main(Drools.java:1733)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidFormatException
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 15 more

Re: Talend - Drools - XLS Rules Table Help

Hi,
With your Talend Data Services Platform 6.2.1.20160704 product, have you already reported a ticket on talend support portal? In this way, we can give you a remote assistance on your issue through support cycle with priority.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I hadn't submitted it as a bug, I assumed it was probably something I am doing wrong Smiley Happy
One Star

Submitted Case:  00060926
Will update here with result of troubleshooting in case someone else bumps into this.
One Star

Hi xdshi
Even I am facing the same issue which cwas faced by crw030. So could you please post the possible solution for this or still this is a bug.??

Thanks in Advance
Rohan Shah

Hi,
So far, we are not sure that it is a bug or caused by wrong setting.
It is a little hard for us to address this issue from "Description". Remote assistance provided by support team will help us to check your setting and configuration from your end.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

last status of this case is they are still looking into it "...It may be as easy as the routine libraries were not added properly but there are a lot of them to look through for your example that you sent to me. So I will have a developer take a look and I will get back to you ASAP. "
Will update when I know more.
One Star

Thnaks alot crw030. 
Actually i was trying to implement the same example given by Talend Studio for trule here 
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tRules&content-lang=en
Here the first example make use of excel file and I facing the issue while using it.
@xdshi thanks for support please do let me know if the above example has any issue.
Thanks & Regards
Rohan Shah
Employee

Hello All,
I reported the issue to R&D team: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDQ-13093
Thanks,