Talend Connection with Kerberos Authentication

One Star

Talend Connection with Kerberos Authentication

I am attempting to connect with Talend to a Hadoop cluster that has Kerberos Authentication. When I provide the namenode URI I am getting the error "Connection failure. You must change the HDFS Settings."
In the below error I am using "namenodeserver.address.com" as a filler for the server name and location.
"Cannot connect to HDFS ""hdfs://namenodeserver.address.com:8020"". Please check the connection parameters.
Does it attempt to connect as "HDFS" to the namenode? Any suggestions, as right now I don't think my issue is with Kerberos, I just am unable to connect to the namenode.
Employee

Re: Talend Connection with Kerberos Authentication

Hi,
I guess you have this problem clicking on the "Browse" button in the tHDFS component. In order to have more detailed logs, could you please try to write the filepatch manually and then execute a job ?
One Star

Re: Talend Connection with Kerberos Authentication

Thanks, is it common not to be able to use Browse when connecting to a server using Kerberos?
So next step I am attempting to connect to HDFS using Kerberos authentication. What is the value I should display as the namenode principal?
I have referenced the below link to see how to setup but I must be doing something incorrect.
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30862
I have attempted to use the value that was in the dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal but still get the same error that the person in the above forum was having that it can't get Kerberos configuration. Any suggestions?