One Star

Talend Connection with Filemaker Database

Hi,
I want to connect Talend with file maker database can anyone help me? I will get the data from the file maker data base and map this data to MySQL database via Talend
What will be the database settings etc?
Thank you.
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Talend Connection with Filemaker Database

Hi
Welcome to Talend Community!
For now, Talend doesn't support any components about FileMaker DB.
But you might try to access it with the component tJDBCInput or tJDBCOutput.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

OK. Thank you.
One Star

Hi Pedro,
Can you please tell a little about how can i access it using component tJDBCInput or tJDBCOutput? Please explain a little...
Thank you so much.
Regards,
Fahad
One Star

Hi Fahad
You'd better whether FileMaker supports JDBC on its website.
Then download the JDBC jar file first.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi Pedro,
I am using File Maker Pro and this does not support ODBC and JDBC .
Please guide me what should i do now?
Regards,
Fahad
One Star

Hi,
I am trying to connect to Filemaker using Talend with limited success. Filemaker has ODBC and JDBC drivers. I installed the 32 bit ODBC driver under Windows 7. If you have 64bit Windows use odicad32.exe to create the DSN. Filemaker should be running whilst you do this.
Then in Talend, Metadata, create a new Db Connection with DB Type Generic ODBC. Enter your user Filemaker login account, password and your DSN name you just created. It should connect ok and retrieve the schema.
I was using Filemaker Pro v12, Windows 7 32bit TOS 5.0.2r78327.
Other versions I tried didn't work, including Filemaker Pro v11, 64bit Windows, Mac Lion O/S.
What are you using ?
One Star

Hi,
I am using Filemaker Pro v6, Windows 7 32bit, TOS 4.2r63143.
Is it possible to connect with TOS with Filemaker Pro v6?
Regards,

Hi,

I need help on, I am very new to Talend : I have to port data in salesforce from File Maker pro database, client provided me the jar file of ODBC File Maker pro, now I want to establish a connection in Talend Studio with FileMaker Pro database so I can fetch the data from FileMaker Pro and port in salesforce, but I do not see the db type as FileMaker pro or Generic ODBC  in available list of db type, could you please let me know how to establish connection for FileMaker Pro Databse, your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rahul