One Star

Talend CDC Questions

Hi,
I'm using Talend 5.5.1 and my database is Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit
I'm working on CDC and have some questions:

When adding CDC to a table that have default value for a string column it will produce error since the script will be containing character ('), my current work around is to remove the default, is there another way?
For update operation the TALEND_CDC_TYPE value is "UN" and that is 2 characters instead of 1 character in the default schema configuration, so in the target table I have to manually change the length for this column to 2, is this the correct way?
How to deploy CDC metadata from Development environment to Test and Production? Do we need to add CDC one by one for each table again?
Thanks,
Indra
6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Talend CDC Questions

Hi 
1. It might be a bug on version 5.5.1, this version was a little old, we need to investigate further. You are using Talend Enterprise subscription product, I would suggest you to report your issue in our support portal. 
2. You don't need to change the length of column to 2 unless you want to create the target table. BTW, we have changed the value with 1 character in latest versions, for example, "U" for update operation, "I" for insert operation.
3. You have to add CDC for each table again, because it requires you to create some tables and triggers in database. 
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
I have Talend Enterprise subscription product, is it possible to request a new feature that make our life easier for case (3)?
I know that if you delete the CDC Link in the CDC Foundation Folder, Talend will automatically create a database script that will remove all CDC related objects in the database, can a similar thing be done for moving database environment? That is automatically create a script that will create all necessary CDC objects in the new database.
Regards,
Indra
Community Manager

Hi Indra 
I will check with our developer about the possibility of case 3, I will come back to you once I have answers.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
Thanks a lot, looking forward to hear good news from you.
Regards,
Indra
Five Stars

Hello Indradjaja,
Had you any good news form Shong about  case 3 ? i have the same problem with a lot of tables on cdc.
regards
Four Stars

I'm curious if there is a solution to this?