Talend Administrator password

One Star

Talend Administrator password

Hello there
I've installed Talend Enterprise a couple days ago, and trying to teach myself
how to deploy/manage Talend jobs.
When I get to Talend Administrator, it gives me "This page is protected by a password"
I've looked though past postings, and tried "admin" but it did not work.
I could not find the path where the configuration file is located, either
(perhaps due to version difference)
So that's where I am at
Where should I look for?

Re: Talend Administrator password

Hi chodenzicoma,
We are currently promoting Talend Help Center to community guests. The Talend Help Center provides a structured source of enriched information and knowledge, certified by Talend, where you can quickly and easily find out how to make best use of the full range of Talend products, what's more, it is a online platform for free.
For your requirement, I think the article Accessing the Administration Center for the first time will help you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

Hi,
You're right, the default login is "admin@company.com" and the default password is "admin". If your user has been created by an admin, you should have received a notification by email (subject: Talend Administration Center account created) like the following:
"Laureline Gaudens,
Your account for Talend Administration Center has been created.
To use this application, follow this link http://<host>:<port>/org.talend.administrator
Here is your login information:
Login: lgaudens@talend.com
Password: <password>"
If you do not find this email, please contact your administrator, and if the doc is not clear enough, do not hesitate to give us your feedback or to create a Jira issue.
One Star

Thanks for the reply, xdshi and Igaudens
(I am having problem with help.talend.com domain, though)
I did install Talend myself, but somehow I did not get that email
Is is possible to reset the password by modifying a configuration file?

Hi,
(I am having problem with help.talend.com domain, though)

You cannot login Talend Help Center? It is on-line help portal without any connection with your talend studio.(just like Mr. Google). The "username" and "password" are the same as your forum's, what's more, you can register a new account for free so that you can see the documentation on it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

The default admin username and password are stored in <tomcatPath>\webapps\org.talend.administrator\WEB-INF\classes\configuration.properties file. However, if you never logged in Talend Administration Center before, I just recommend you to reinstall it from the start: remove the Talend Web app from Tomcat, delete the content of the "temp" and "work" folders, unzip your web application archive again in the Tomcat folder and restart Tomcat. You should be able to log in with the default credentials ("admin@company.com/admin").
HTH
One Star

Hi,
this is the path <tomcatPath>\webapps\org.talend.administrator\WEB-INF\classes\configuration.properties file.in the configuration.property file, we can change password as follows
1.open configuration file
2. in this file we have # Password to access to db config page in the web-app:
database.config.password=8c6976e5b5410415bde908bd4dee15df,Encrypt
3. replace what you want to set password instead of "8c6976e5b5410415bde908bd4dee15df,Encrypt" and save file.
start TAC service and give the password what you gave in the configuration file for logging in TAC.
Note: take backup file before change configuration file for secure.