Talend (7.0.1) - Guess Schema error - org.apache.thrift.TAppliccationexception:Required field 'client_protocol' is unset

Highlighted
Six Stars

Talend (7.0.1) - Guess Schema error - org.apache.thrift.TAppliccationexception:Required field 'client_protocol' is unset

I am getting below error while designing and running job in Talend(i.e. when i hit Guess Schema button in tHiveInput component). I have tried all the options but I am unable to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

Talend version : 7.0.1

Note: the below error is in the log. On the UI, when i hit Guess Schema button under tHiveInput component, I am seeing the pop-up error "Database connection failed". This error is specific to Linux machine only. I am not seeing this error on the Windows machine

ERROR jdbc.HiveConnection: Error opening session org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Required field 'client_protocol' is unset! Struct:TOpenSessionReq(client_protocol:null, configuration:{set:hiveconf:hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size=1000, use:database=default}) at org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException.read(TApplicationException.java:111) at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:79) at org.apache.hive.service.rpc.thrift.TCLIService$Client.recv_OpenSession(TCLIService.java:168) at org.apache.hive.service.rpc.thrift.TCLIService$Client.OpenSession(TCLIService.java:155) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openSession(HiveConnection.java:680) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.(HiveConnection.java:200) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:107) at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager$1.call(HiveConnectionManager.java:259) at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager$1.call(HiveConnectionManager.java:1) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) 18/09/14 13:48:00 WARN jdbc.HiveConnection: Failed to connect to : ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.sql.SQLException: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://host:/Smiley Tongueort Could not establish connection to jdbc:hive2://host:/Smiley Tongueort Required field 'client_protocol' is unset! Struct:TOpenSessionReq(client_protocol:null, configuration:{set:hiveconf:hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size=1000, use:database=default})

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Talend (7.0.1) - Guess Schema error - org.apache.thrift.TAppliccationexception:Required field 'client_protocol' is unset

hi @xdshi

Distribution : Hortonworks

Version : Hortonworks Data Platform V2.6.0. 

After quite a research, I did the below tweak, which fixed the issue. 

• Provide full access (i.e. 777) to workspace folder, as a root user 

All Replies
Six Stars

Re: Talend (7.0.1) - Guess Schema error - org.apache.thrift.TAppliccationexception:Required field 'client_protocol' is unset

please kindly let me know - how to fix this issue  ?

Did anyone face the similar issue ? Please kindly let me know, if any addtional configuration is to be done ? 

Hello,

What's your distribution? Did you select the good distribution version in tHiveInput?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

hi @xdshi

Distribution : Hortonworks

Version : Hortonworks Data Platform V2.6.0. 

After quite a research, I did the below tweak, which fixed the issue. 

• Provide full access (i.e. 777) to workspace folder, as a root user