Talend (7.0.1) - Guess Schema error - org.apache.thrift.TAppliccationexception:Required field 'client_protocol' is unset

Highlighted
Six Stars

Talend (7.0.1) - Guess Schema error - org.apache.thrift.TAppliccationexception:Required field 'client_protocol' is unset

I am getting below error while designing and running job in Talend(i.e. when i hit Guess Schema button in tHiveInput component). I have tried all the options but I am unable to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

Talend version : 7.0.1

Note: the below error is in the log. On the UI, when i hit Guess Schema button under tHiveInput component, I am seeing the pop-up error "Database connection failed". This error is specific to Linux machine only. I am not seeing this error on the Windows machine

ERROR jdbc.HiveConnection: Error opening session org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Required field 'client_protocol' is unset! Struct:TOpenSessionReq(client_protocol:null, configuration:{set:hiveconf:hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size=1000, use:database=default}) at org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException.read(TApplicationException.java:111) at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:79) at org.apache.hive.service.rpc.thrift.TCLIService$Client.recv_OpenSession(TCLIService.java:168) at org.apache.hive.service.rpc.thrift.TCLIService$Client.OpenSession(TCLIService.java:155) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openSession(HiveConnection.java:680) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.(HiveConnection.java:200) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:107) at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager$1.call(HiveConnectionManager.java:259) at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager$1.call(HiveConnectionManager.java:1) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) 18/09/14 13:48:00 WARN jdbc.HiveConnection: Failed to connect to : ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.sql.SQLException: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://host:/Smiley Tongueort Could not establish connection to jdbc:hive2://host:/Smiley Tongueort Required field 'client_protocol' is unset! Struct:TOpenSessionReq(client_protocol:null, configuration:{set:hiveconf:hive.server2.thrift.resultset.default.fetch.size=1000, use:database=default})

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Talend (7.0.1) - Guess Schema error - org.apache.thrift.TAppliccationexception:Required field 'client_protocol' is unset

hi @xdshi

Distribution : Hortonworks

Version : Hortonworks Data Platform V2.6.0. 

After quite a research, I did the below tweak, which fixed the issue. 

• Provide full access (i.e. 777) to workspace folder, as a root user 

All Replies
Six Stars

Re: Talend (7.0.1) - Guess Schema error - org.apache.thrift.TAppliccationexception:Required field 'client_protocol' is unset

please kindly let me know - how to fix this issue  ?

Did anyone face the similar issue ? Please kindly let me know, if any addtional configuration is to be done ? 

Hello,

What's your distribution? Did you select the good distribution version in tHiveInput?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

hi @xdshi

Distribution : Hortonworks

Version : Hortonworks Data Platform V2.6.0. 

After quite a research, I did the below tweak, which fixed the issue. 

• Provide full access (i.e. 777) to workspace folder, as a root user 

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch