Talend 6.2.1 tSalesforceBulkOutputExec fails with null pointer excepti

One Star

Talend 6.2.1 tSalesforceBulkOutputExec fails with null pointer excepti

Talend 6.2.1 tSalesforceBulkOutputExec fails with null pointer exception when we pass in 0 rows for update 

eption in component tSalesforceOutputBulkExec_3_tSalesforceBulkExec
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceBulkRuntime.prepareLog(SalesforceBulkRuntime.java:122)
at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceBulkRuntime.executeBulk(SalesforceBulkRuntime.java:115)
at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceBulkExecReader.start(SalesforceBulkExecReader.java:61)
Six Stars JR
Six Stars

Re: Talend 6.2.1 tSalesforceBulkOutputExec fails with null pointer excepti

Sorry, but a NullPointerException can mean a lot of things. Usually it means that something is misconfigured, i.e. a field is not filled in a tMap. You will need to provide more information (screenshot, configuration of the Salesforce component and the component before that). Only then can anyone start to help. Unless of course someone has encountered exactly the same problem (I did not).
One Star

Hello,
I can confirm the problem with TOS 6.2.1, I did experiment it as well.
When the source has 0 row, tSalesforceBulkOutputExec (update) fails with null pointer exception.
The process works fine when the input flow has some rows, it is not a configuration problem.
Was not happening with TOS 6.1.1
Regards,
JP
One Star

Was there a solution to this issue. I'm facing the same error/situation using TOS 6.3.1. Exact same error when 0 rows passed. Any tips much appreciated.