One Star

Taking much time to load data to a flat file from Oracle.

Hi All,

We are in a plan to move our project from existing Informatica to Talend. I have hands-on Informatica  but beginner in Talend. To perform a test run , I just installed Talend Open Studio 6.4.1 version in my local PC.

Few of our ETLs reads data(around  6.8 Millions) from a synonym from Oracle DB and writes to a flat file (around 2GB in size) without any transformations in between. It is just passthrough.

When I designed a job and running, it is taking much time to load. Attached file contains statistics when I use different components with different options. In Informatica,  it is taking 30 to 40 mins to load 6.8 Millions records data , but in Talend it is taking  30 mins to load 1 lakh records.

I need your expert advise how to improve performance and also please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks,

Ram

1 REPLY
Twelve Stars

Re: Taking much time to load data to a flat file from Oracle.

You will need to give us more information. Can you take a screenshot of your Talend job and each of your component's config (for your input and output components at least). For DB components can you also post your advanced settings.
Rilhia Solutions