One Star

TRUNC() FUNCTION

HIII...

i want to trunc() funtion on one of my columns in TMAP how do i call a routine on my col...
i mean is their any system routine which could handle this function........

Thanx in advance...Smiley Happy
looking forward for a quick reply......
6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: TRUNC() FUNCTION

Hi
Do you want to use this function handle Date or numeric data? Can you give us an example to explain your request?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

yes.... its to handle a date...

its like i have column which contains date and time i want only date not time and round it... (as trunc does it)

DD-Mon-YYYY HH:MISmiley FrustratedS is the format i want it to be dd-mm-yyyy

regards
Seven Stars

I asked here for such a method to be added to TalendDate, which was supposed to be in v4.2.0, but it hasn't been done yet Smiley Sad.
One Star

Hi,
The problem is after truncating the date ,using Format or SimpleDateFormat in java,returning that date make again concatination of 00:00:00.The above java code is returning string,in date case we required string to date conversion again........
The code mention below returns the date but with concatination of 00:00:00 by itself....

public Date returnDate(Date dateTime)
{
SimpleDateFormat simpleDateFormat=new SimpleDateFormat("dd/MM/yyyy");

Format formatter=new SimpleDateFormat("dd/MM/yyyy");
String sample=formatter.format(dateTime);
try{
Date d=simpleDateFormat.parse(sample);
return d; //return date againwith hh:mm:ss concatination ,so no use of this function
}
catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
return null;//as it is successful it will not return null ,it return d

}
One Star

Any help in regard to this forum will be appreciated

ThanQ
Seven Stars

If you want a Date object as your output but with the time set to midnight, you can do it yourself with TalendDate.parseDate("dd/MM/yyyy",TalendDate.formatDate("dd/MM/yyyy",row1.newColumn)).
If you want a String object, you only need TalendDate.formatDate("dd-MM-yyyy",row1.newColumn).
And if you only want to output your Date to a file in the right format, just set the Date Pattern of the output schema to "dd-MM-yyyy".