TRESTClient issue

Five Stars

TRESTClient issue

Hi,

 

I'm trying to use the componenet TRESTClient to consume an API's provider but I'm facing issues...

Thks for your help !

 

Here is below the web service uri :

URI.PNG

When I'm using the componend, here is my result :

Capture2.PNG

 

Here is below the component parameters :

Capture3.PNGinput.PNGoutput.PNG


Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: TRESTClient issue

Hi,

I found a way to solve my differents issues :

  1. In the parameters settings, i replace the { by %7B and } by %7d
  2. Delete the "?" of my URI in the relativ path
  3. I used the proxy settings of my company

 

Hope it will be helpfull for the community and thks a lot for your help !

 

 

View solution in original post


All Replies
Eight Stars

Re: TRESTClient issue

I think you need to set the query parameters (i.e. the "Parametres de la requite"). They are missing in your job, but present in the Talend documentation for tRESTClient.

 

https://help.talend.com/reader/hCrOzogIwKfuR3mPf~LydA/~V42EBQClKxKQghNvzHF1g

 

Hope this helps,

 

David

 

Highlighted
Five Stars

Re: TRESTClient issue

Hi DVSCHWAB,

 

Thks a lot for your answer. I did the modification and the error is different now :

Do you have an idea ?

CaptureError.PNG

Parameters :

CaptureParameters.PNG

Tags (1)
Five Stars

Re: TRESTClient issue

I replaced the { and } in the parameters fields and it seems to be better.

Now I have other exception. I think the special characters in my URI have been coded :

? replaced by %3F

{ replaced by %5C%7B

} replaced by %5C%7D

 

Capturespeccarat.PNG

Eight Stars

Re: TRESTClient issue

That is part of URL encoding; it is standard practice, and shouldn't cause an error:

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding

 

You're getting an "unknown host" exception, so the component can't resolve your hostname. Try pinging the hostname to make sure your workstation can reach it; you might also try using the IP address instead of the hostname and see if that fixes the error.

Five Stars

Re: TRESTClient issue

Hi,

I found a way to solve my differents issues :

  1. In the parameters settings, i replace the { by %7B and } by %7d
  2. Delete the "?" of my URI in the relativ path
  3. I used the proxy settings of my company

 

Hope it will be helpfull for the community and thks a lot for your help !

 

 

View solution in original post

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog