TParseRecordSet does not execute rest of flow in record set empty!

Five Stars

TParseRecordSet does not execute rest of flow in record set empty!

Dup_Validation.JPG

The issue is with the flow downstream from the tParseRecordSet.

In the "Check if Exist"  I check if a file with a certain name provided in the upstream flow (tHash) exist.

Then depending is the File Exist or not (Switch on Exist) I create a new file or I go to the tParseRecord and I'm suppose to retrieve the info on the file sent from the "Check if exist". The Query RecordSet is propagated and setup in the parseRecordSet but nothing after the tParseRecordSet gets executed.

Any clues as to why?

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: TParseRecordSet does not execute rest of flow in record set empty!

Thank you everyone for your suggestion.

I guess the issue was self inflicted. In one of the prior tJavaRow before the check I used a piece of code which checked if there was something in the resultSet from the Query. What I used brought the ResultSet Cursor past the end of the resultSet Array and therefore the next validation returned a false because all data were consumed.

All Replies
Four Stars

Okay seems like there is an internal error when you are trying to parse the file. 

What is scenario you are using to parse record set?  In either case, You may want to check for following:

• If there are any blank spaces in the file, in this case skip Blank Spaces.
  • You may want to continue on error. ie continues parsing the next record in the input even after encountering an error, if any.

If this resolves the issue, let me know.

Community Manager

Hi
Can you confirm the tParseRecordSet is fired to run? If tParseRecordSet does not return data, the components after tParseRecordSet will not work, so make sure you configure tParseRecordSet component correctly and it has output data.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Five Stars

Thank you everyone for your suggestion.

I guess the issue was self inflicted. In one of the prior tJavaRow before the check I used a piece of code which checked if there was something in the resultSet from the Query. What I used brought the ResultSet Cursor past the end of the resultSet Array and therefore the next validation returned a false because all data were consumed.