TOS V6.4.1 - Hadoop MapReduce

Five Stars

TOS V6.4.1 - Hadoop MapReduce

Hi.

I am now studying about the MR option in TOS BD. I want to know what components in TOS BD can actually use the computing power of the Hadoop MapReduce.

I think all the tPig and tHive and tSqoop components are powered by MR, right?

How about tMap or tJavaRow or tSetGlobalVariable when running on Hadoop?

Also, when designing a MR job, should I just create the job as usual (just right click and select "Create job") or do I need to create a MR job with other special methods?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Eight Stars

Re: TOS V6.4.1 - Hadoop MapReduce

You need to create a "Big Data Batch" job instead of a "Standard" job. When you do, the Palette will show you the available components.
Five Stars

Thanks for the reply. So where can I create the "Big Data Batch" job in TOS BD? I cannot find such option by right clicking "Job Designs"...

Eight Stars

Here's a screenshot of my Talend Studio. It's right under "Standard".

Five Stars

Sorry, which version of Talend Open Studio are you using?

Thanks.

Hello,

Talend big data batch job will be available in talend subscription solution not open source.

Please have a look at online bigdata product matrix page:https://www.talend.com/products/big-data/big-data-compare-all/?_ga=2.261728269.1883876491.1520819993...

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.