TOS & Sybase SQL Anywhere 10

One Star

TOS & Sybase SQL Anywhere 10

Hello everybody,
I´m new to Talend (TOS). An interesting product.
I´m trying to create a repository Item, Db Connection, using a a sample databsae (demo10) on a running Sybase SQL Anywhere 10 (Personal Server).
As "BD Type" I select the only available Sybase product ?Sybase ASE? from the list and as Database the ?demo10? . Herewith the "Connection String" is:
jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:5001/demo10
Connection can´t be setup (cuz IOException: ConnectionException: Connection refused)
I´m sure the connection URL is wrong, but I´m also new to Sybase DBMS and can´t find help on it´s extensive online docs.
Please help. Thanks in Advance.
Aski

PS:
The Database Server must be up, to become able (within TOS) to create a Connection to a database managed by this Database Server? Or TOS initiates it, if the server is down?
Where can I read about low-level functionality of TOS?
I just noticed: Thread at 1898 indicates that Sybase SQL Anywhere 10 is not supported!!! (I´m using TOS 2.3.2)
Does it help if I update to the newest version of TOS?
Community Manager

Re: TOS & Sybase SQL Anywhere 10

Hello
The Database Server must be up, to become able (within TOS) to create a Connection to a database managed by this Database Server? Or TOS initiates it, if the server is down?
Where can I read about low-level functionality of TOS?

Yes, you must setup a database server on your local machine or others, then type in the login name, password and database name when creating a database connection on metadata part.
You can download the user guide documentationand learn more.
I just noticed: Thread at 1898 indicates that Sybase SQL Anywhere 10 is not supported!!! (I´m using TOS 2.3.2)
Does it help if I update to the newest version of TOS?

Can you report a new feature on our bugtracker?
Thanks for your support!
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello shong
Thank you for your reply.
Using ?User Guide? I´m learning more about TOS.
I may need some low-level documentation soon.
Use of Anywhere 10 is not an urgent matter.
Now I use MySQL to develop a Java&Web-based demo application (hopefully leading to a sounding project for medium-sized deployment of a data integration solution).
The demo software can collect data from different sources and store them in a MySQL database.
Using TOS ver. 2.3.2 I noticed some small bugs (i.e. runtime error during execution of scheduled jobs, created by TOS-user) and see capacity in improvement for some area of the TOS (i.e. GUI-design, documentation) and will post it to Talend community, if still meaningful for the TOS ver. 2.40 M2.
Where can I read something like ?Release Notes? about 2.40 M2?
Can I use 2.40 M2 for above mentioned demo app.?
How can I be of effective assistance to the TOS development team?
My abilities: technical writing, (English, German), software development (Java-Only, but for all Java-platforms), IT-related training.
I´m thinking about writing a Glossary for TOS. (for more consistency in TOS documentations).

Thank you for the Talend´s good work too.
aski
Community Manager

Hello
Using TOS ver. 2.3.2 I noticed some small bugs (i.e. runtime error during execution of scheduled jobs, created by TOS-user) and see capacity in improvement for some area of the TOS (i.e. GUI-design, documentation) and will post it to Talend community, if still meaningful for the TOS ver. 2.40 M2.

As an opensource software, we're also expecting a "real life" feedback from our users to make the solution better and better, so please submit your questions on forum and log the bug on our bugtracker.
Where can I read something like ?Release Notes? about 2.40 M2?
Can I use 2.40 M2 for above mentioned demo app.?

You can read the changelog.
How can I be of effective assistance to the TOS development team?
My abilities: technical writing, (English, German), software development (Java-Only, but for all Java-platforms), IT-related training.
I´m thinking about writing a Glossary for TOS. (for more consistency in TOS documentations).

Please read this 2780.Smiley Happy
Thanks for your support!Smiley Happy
Best regards

shong
One Star

Hello,
I just sent an issue to Talend BugTracker.
Can you provide a link to a document, helping new community member to use correctly and fast Mantis bugTracker software?
I visited following link, but it is extensive and about administration of BugTracker software:
http://www.mantisbt.org/manual/
I recommend adding of a short, effective document (using BugTracker for new member) to Talend homepage.
Thanks
aski
One Star

Hello
pls anybody can tell me the database connection settings to connect
to the sysbase Sql anywhere from talend.
thanks.
One Star

hi
please tell me how to connect to the sybase sql anywhere from talend
pls pls it's very urgent.
thanks in advanced.
Community Manager

hi
thanks in advanced.

The sybase components, such as tSybaseInput, are for Sybase IQ or ASE. For Sybase SQL Anywhere 10, you can use tJDBCxxx component, please refer to:
http://iablog.sybase.com/hinsperg/2009/10/connecting-to-sql-anywhere-using-jdbc/
One Star

hi
thanks in advanced.

The sybase components, such as tSybaseInput, are for Sybase IQ or ASE. For Sybase SQL Anywhere 10, you can use tJDBCxxx component, please refer to:
http://iablog.sybase.com/hinsperg/2009/10/connecting-to-sql-anywhere-using-jdbc/
thanks shong for your reply,
i am using sql anywhere 12, please give me connection string to connect to the sql anywhere from talend,
and my connection string was

DB TYPE : Sybase (ASE and IQ)
string of connection : jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:5001/databasename?noDatetimeStringSync=true
login : username
password : ******
server : localhost
port : 5001
database : databasename
schema :
additional parameters : noDatetimeStringSync=true
One Star

hi
thanks in advanced.

thanks shong for your reply,
i am using sql anywhere 12, please give me connection string to connect to the sql anywhere from talend,
and my connection string was

DB TYPE : Sybase (ASE and IQ)
string of connection : jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:5001/databasename?noDatetimeStringSync=true
login : username
password : ******
server : localhost
port : 5001
database : databasename
schema :
additional parameters : noDatetimeStringSync=true
thank you shong that your given link is useful for me , now i am able to connect to the sql anywhere from talend
thanx.
Community Manager

Hi
Good news!
Can you please sharing your settings of connecting to sybase SQL anywhere from Talend to communty! It will be very helpful for other users.
Thank you!
One Star

Hi
Good news!
Can you please sharing your settings of connecting to sybase SQL anywhere from Talend to communty! It will be very helpful for other users.
Thank you!

hi
ok i will share can you tell me what is this error.
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 12\Bin32\dbjdbc12.dll already loaded in another classloader

this error now i am getting, i should stop something or what it is.
thanks.
One Star

hi

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 12\Bin32\dbjdbc12.dll already loaded in another classloader

this error now i am getting, i should stop something or what it is.
thanks.
One Star

hi
i am able to connect to the sql anywhere from talend using sajdbc4.jar
but when i used jconn3.jar in my connection string its giving me this error
error: Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

please please help me for this it's very urgent for me.
i am waiting for your reply.
thanks in advanced.