TOS DI and TOS BD - consolidate?

Six Stars

TOS DI and TOS BD - consolidate?

I'm struggling to see why TOS DI and TOS BD are different products and using them both is cumbersome, is it not possible to consolidate them into a single TOS instance, in fact eliminating sources/components that one doesn't ever use into a more streamlined one-stop environment?
M

Re: TOS DI and TOS BD - consolidate?

Hi,
So far, there is no open source for both TOS DI and TOS BD.
With subscription version, you can use Talend Enterprise Big Data with DI + BigData Batch.
Here is bigdata product matrix, please navigate to talend official website:https://www.talend.com/products/big-data?_ga=1.218093343.82107865.1404275933
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

OK thanks but I assume the separation is a somewhat arbitrary one, driven by marketing strategy? I'm sure I won't be the first to tell you that the subscription options are very appealing but for (unless things have changed) the high cost of entry which makes it a hard pitch to clients ...
M

Hi,
So far, talend provides community users with a free trail version.
You can download the right solution you need freely from talend official website.
https://info.talend.com/prodevaltpbdsandbox.html?_ga=1.210352668.82107865.1404275933
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Yes, but my point was that cost step-up from the Free "Trial" Version is way, way beyond what many, even large companies will be able to find in their budgets for a "commercial open-source product", ie the subscription price is pitched so high, you are missing out on a big chunk of the market (IMHO!).
M
One Star

I agree, a low cost subscription for very small to lower medium sized companies would be great.

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads