Six Stars

TOS DI and TOS BD - consolidate?

I'm struggling to see why TOS DI and TOS BD are different products and using them both is cumbersome, is it not possible to consolidate them into a single TOS instance, in fact eliminating sources/components that one doesn't ever use into a more streamlined one-stop environment?
M
5 REPLIES

Re: TOS DI and TOS BD - consolidate?

Hi,
So far, there is no open source for both TOS DI and TOS BD.
With subscription version, you can use Talend Enterprise Big Data with DI + BigData Batch.
Here is bigdata product matrix, please navigate to talend official website:https://www.talend.com/products/big-data?_ga=1.218093343.82107865.1404275933
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

OK thanks but I assume the separation is a somewhat arbitrary one, driven by marketing strategy? I'm sure I won't be the first to tell you that the subscription options are very appealing but for (unless things have changed) the high cost of entry which makes it a hard pitch to clients ...
M

Hi,
So far, talend provides community users with a free trail version.
You can download the right solution you need freely from talend official website.
https://info.talend.com/prodevaltpbdsandbox.html?_ga=1.210352668.82107865.1404275933
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Yes, but my point was that cost step-up from the Free "Trial" Version is way, way beyond what many, even large companies will be able to find in their budgets for a "commercial open-source product", ie the subscription price is pitched so high, you are missing out on a big chunk of the market (IMHO!).
M
One Star

I agree, a low cost subscription for very small to lower medium sized companies would be great.