TOS_DI 32 Bit Unable to Open

One Star

TOS_DI 32 Bit Unable to Open

Hi All,
I am using Talend Open Studio Data Integration Tool (5.4.1) 32 bit.
The tool was working as expected with out any problem. At a sudden when i tried to Open it. It showed an error.
The error message displayed was to check the .log file.
Below the content present in the .log file
!SESSION 2014-11-25 17:40:50.687 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_45
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
This is a continuation of log file D:\RISPL_TALEND\TOS_DI-Win32-r111943-V5.4.1\workspace\.metadata\.bak_0.log
Created Time: 2014-11-25 17:40:52.609
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2014-11-25 17:40:52.609
!MESSAGE 2014-11-25 17:40:52,593 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - Plug-in "org.talend.migrationTool" was unable to instantiate class "org.talend.migrationtool.MigrationToolService".
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "org.talend.migrationTool" was unable to instantiate class "org.talend.migrationtool.MigrationToolService".
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:188)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
    at org.talend.core.GlobalServiceRegister.findService(GlobalServiceRegister.java:172)
    at org.talend.core.GlobalServiceRegister.getService(GlobalServiceRegister.java:145)
    at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:88)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/talend/core/model/properties/Item
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:184)
    ... 18 more.
Please Help me out to open the tool. As i have not taken the back up of the project.
Seventeen Stars

Re: TOS_DI 32 Bit Unable to Open

Did you have recently updated your system (e.g. an IE update) ?
Some Windows updates breaks the Eclipse foundation and prevents it from working.
Keep calm, your project is most likely not damaged.
As the first method, I would unpack the studio on a different location and start it with a blank new workspace.
If this works well you can import all jobs with the function Import Items (right click on Job Design).
One Star

Hi Jlolling,
From my side i have not done any kind of update..The system is also been used by the other persons so i don't know exactly if the system was updated recently or not.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
I have followed the steps as you suggested and i was able to Import all the Jobs and is working as expected.
Is their any way to make the Talend work which stopped working.
Seventeen Stars

I do not know the actual reason for your problem, therefore I am unable to give you some advice to avoid this problem.
Perhaps the other developer uses the same installation of the studio and this way some file gets some user rights which causes the problem. Talend studio is actually a single user system.

Hi,
Is there any space in your Installation path? Could you please install it at root location eg c:\talend and try again to see if it is Ok with you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.