TOS 7.0.1. Building issues result in empty ZIP

Four Stars

TOS 7.0.1. Building issues result in empty ZIP

Hello,

when building my job

jobs.JPG

from a directory point of view (urenControle) the result is an empty zip file. In 6.5.1 this was no problem.

Then building a job, like updUrenGegevens 1.10, I got a zipfile, but this one has serious problems implementing the correct context. It gets the development context instead of the production context.

The .sh file has the --context=Production at the end of the statement.

Has anybody the same problems as I do?

Best regards,

WIlco Groothand

EMAIL: wilco.groothand@connectplaza.com

Accepted Solutions

Re: TOS 7.0.1. Building issues result in empty ZIP

Hello,

Before building your Job, could you please go to Window > Preferences, select Talend > Import/Export, and then select the 'Add classpath jar in exported jobs' check box to wrap the Jars in a classpath.jar file added to the built Job to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

This is the context you have choosen while building then job or the default one.

This not really a problem as you can overwrite the value passing the following parameter on the command line when launching the script: "--context=THE_CONTEXT_OF_YOUR_CHOICE"

TRF
Four Stars

At building time I choose Production for context and only the UNIX files.

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Sorry, I didn't care you were using 7.0.1 - not still tried by myself.

Are you sure you don't have any remaining compilation error?

TRF
Four Stars

No compilation errors found. Opened the log file, no issues here.
Five Stars

Hi there!

Make sure you have all the libraries you need.

Maybe you don't have permission to download them.

Talend doesn't inform you of that failure, it seems that compiles well, run without errors, but doesn't generate the zip because it needs a library that you don't have downloaded.

I hope this helps

W.

Four Stars

I'm sure every library is available, becaus if I build the job it runs OK, but I have more jobs in a 'job directory'. I build the job directory in 6.5.1 and it builds all the stuff and packs it in a zip. In 7.0.1 I got a zipfile of 1K, only the directory exists in this file, but nothing else. Looks like it is building a temp, but not zips it to the file.

I switched back to 6.5.1 and got my files back from Windows File History.

Five Stars

Yep, I know, it's the same problem I had.

Everything compiled, the job worked, without warnings, no errors in the log, everything seemed ok. But the zip wasn't generated and this happend only with a specific job.

The reason was that my user didn't have permissions to connect and be able to download some Maven libraries.

I tried to generate the zip on another computer with permissions and everything went well. So I copied all the .../studio/plugins/ *.jar from that computer to mine and generated the zip without problems.

Hello,

Thanks for posting your issue here.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Do we have a resolution to this?

It's not a permission issue if exporting a single job works.

And the OP's end solution was to revert back to TOS 6, which I don't feel is a solution.

I have the same issue: Building a group of jobs results in an (almost) empty zip (it has a folder in it with the group name, but nothing besides that)

Building single jobs result in the expected zip file.

Hello,

Before building your Job,  could you please go to Window > Preferences, select Talend > Import/Export, and then select the 'Add classpath jar in exported jobs' check box to wrap the Jars in a classpath.jar file added to the built Job to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--

Hello,

Before building your Job, could you please go to Window > Preferences, select Talend > Import/Export, and then select the 'Add classpath jar in exported jobs' check box to wrap the Jars in a classpath.jar file added to the built Job to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Thanks Sabrina!

That did the trick.