One Star

[TOS 6.2] Connection problem to FTPES server with tFtpPut

Hello everyone,
I have some questions regarding the tFtpPut component, which I am trying to use on a FTPES connection. (i am using TOS 6.2)
I have a very basic job that has a tFtpConnection component, where I set the connection details (host, username, password...)
I have FTPS Support checked and security mode 'explicit'. I have nothing set on the keystore file and password.
Following that I use the tFtpPut component, that should upload an existing file to this FTP. (I have created other ftp jobs that worked flawlessly. Never tried it on FTPS though.)
When I run the job I get two errors:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: (no such file or directory)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

and
Exception in component tFTPPut_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
1. Is the keystore file and password needed for a FTPS connection? Where do I get it from?
2. Could something else be the problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Kind regards
3 REPLIES

Re: [TOS 6.2] Connection problem to FTPES server with tFtpPut

Hi,
FTPS uses a ssl based encryption. Once FTPS Support selected, you need to fill the Keystore File and Keystore Password fields.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

All these topics should just say: Don't use Talend if you must use FTPS, it's a pain in the rear.
Six Stars JR
Six Stars

To my knowledge, this is how FTPES works. It just is not as simple as connecting to an (S)FTP server. Talend is only to blame if you provide all the necessary information and if it then does not work. As Sabrina said, you will need the keystore file as well as the keystore password. The first person I would ask for the keystore/password would be the person administering the FTPS server. The two error messages appear because you most likely left the fields for the keystore file (no such file or directory) and the password (NullPointerException) empty.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTPS