TOS 2.3.1 : problem to manage ANSI characters - encoding type

One Star JLP
One Star

TOS 2.3.1 : problem to manage ANSI characters - encoding type

Hello,
with TOS 2.3.1, When I read databases or files, all characters in data with accent (é ; à ; è ; etc.) = "?"...
How can I manage the accents? Can I use ANSI encoding type on TOS ? Can I convert it to UTF-8 ?
Thanks for your help
JLP
Not applicable

Re: TOS 2.3.1 : problem to manage ANSI characters - encoding type

Hi,
there is an encoding setting for each input component in TOS (usually on the advanced settings tab). Just set the encoding type of your input data there and you should not experience any problems.

Regards,
Theo
One Star JLP
One Star

Hello and thank for your answer,
but the source files are in ANSI encoding characters and in advanced settings, I don't find it : I've got only UTF-8, ISO-8859-15 and CUSTOM.
JLP
Not applicable

... but the source files are in ANSI encoding characters and in advanced settings, I don't find it : I've got only UTF-8, ISO-8859-15 and CUSTOM.

The problem with ANSI is that is does not seem to be an own encoding standard supported by Java. See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/intl/encoding.doc.html for a list of supported encodings and try to use one them as "CUSTOM". For example using "windows-1252" or "ISO-8859-1" could be quite similar to ANSI, but I don't know if there is one which is 100% compatible.

Regards,
Theo
One Star JLP
One Star

"windows-1252" is OK with TOS program on windows OS : thanks !
but with TOS program on Linux OS (Debian) : it's KO :-( all accents are "?"...