TMAP output table column header sort ascending/descending

One Star

TMAP output table column header sort ascending/descending

Hi,
A small updation in TMAP component.
Issue: When the column headers in TMAP output table are more then 50, it becomes tedious to find each column header for mapping.
Requirement: TMAP output table should have a initial schema defined which can be propogated further to db, file etc, but after clicking on 'column' of a Tmap output/input table it should get sorted ascendingly & on next click descendingly, a default button at bottom should reset it to initial defined schema. This should only affect when we open TMAp for mapping, for others it should have the same initial defined schema sequence. Anyways the columns are mapped with (row1. id) so sorting should not affect the mapping.
If you find the above requirement incomplete then please revert back to me on the below mentioned details.
- Thanks
Ashish Samant
+91-9096182187
ashish.Samant@zycus.com
Community Manager

Re: TMAP output table column header sort ascending/descending

hi
We can add a button to sort the columns, but often user don't want the order which don't match the target table, still need to adjust the order of column manually.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
I understand the need of target schema.
The target schema should match the Tmap schema, But while mapping we should be able to sort the columns alphabetically so that we it becomes easy & saves time to find column from n number of columns. It should be a temporary thing, & should maintain the target schema through out.
Please revert back if incase anything.
Thanks & regards,
Ashish
One Star

I realize this is old thread, but was this ever delivered? I have 200+ fields on some of these Schema objects I'm pulling from Salesforce and MySQL. Performing the transformation via the tMap component is causing me a headache because I cannot sort the columns to quickly identify which fields map to which fields.
Are there any ways to make this less strenious on the eyes? Currently I have to scroll down careuflly to map between the two schemas. Would be easier if I could have the fields sorted alphabetically or if I could do a find/search function within the tMap columns to find the fields.
One Star

I have the same issue.. My output table has more than 50+ columns and it's so hard to find specific columns since they are not ordered and can't be sorted within tMap.
Does anyone has any update on this?
Thanks!
Community Manager

Hi
I understand your problem, however the sort functionality is not implemented yet, as the schema of output table usually maps the target structure, the order of columns should not be changed automatically, maybe a find/search function can be added.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks Shong, find/search will be of great help when dealing with really big structures..hope to see this functionality in Talend's next release..