One Star

TFileInputXML and tMDMInput don't die on error

Hi,
If the specified file in a tFileInputXML doesn't exist the job doesn't stop and returns 0 even if die on error is checked.
Same thing with a tMDMInput.
Please, is it normal ?
I'm using Talend 4.2.0 with win7 64b.
regards,
Ben
9 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: TFileInputXML and tMDMInput don't die on error

Hi Ben
Is there a Java exception is throw when the job running? I think you are using a tRunJob to call the child job and uncheck the box 'die on error' on tRunJob, can you upload a screenshot of job?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
A Java exception is thrown but doesn't stop the job even if die in error is checked.
In the example the tFileInputXML throws an exception but the job goes to the tFileInputDelimited.
The tFileInputDelimited crashes and stops the job.
If I delete the tFileInputDelimited the job ends with the return code 0.
Best regards,
Ben
One Star

tFileInputXML uses SAX parser. If I choose Dom4J, the component crashes like expectected.
Community Manager

Hi
I can't reproduce the problem with SAX parser and Dom4j. As you described, the tFileInputXML component runs fine and the tDie component is not executed.
Are you sure the exception is thrown by tFileInputXML? Can you show me the exception message?
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Sorry the last screenshot was not uploaded.
The tFileInputXML crashes but goes to OnSubJobOK and OnComponentOK.
regards,
Ben
Community Manager

Hi Ben
From your last screenshot, I see the exception is thrown on tFileInputDelimited, not tFileInputXML!
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hi Shong,
if you check my job (screenshot 1) I use 1 tFileInputXML and 1 tFileInputDelimited. These components try to open a file which does not exist and they are linked by a OnSubJobOK trigger.
In the logs there are 2 exceptions : first one by the tFileInputXML and second one by the tFileInputDelimited.
The tFileInputDelimited won't be able to be executed if the tFileInputXML crashes.
tFileInputXML does not find the file, throws an exception but goes on the next step with OK trigger. In my opinion it's a bug.
tFileInputDelimited does not find the file, throws an exception and stops the jobs. It's OK.
regards,
Ben
Community Manager

Hi Ben
I tested again with the situation the file does not exist and confirmed the problem. Can you please report a bug on our bugtracker?
Thanks for your support!
Best regards
Shong
One Star