TDM & GetMapProperty returning object rather than string....

Employee

TDM & GetMapProperty returning object rather than string....

Hi,

I am trying to use a simple Java function to parse a string to an integer for a FixedLoop in TDM, however when doing so an error is thrown,posting only last bit of the stack trace below.

GetMapProperty is supposed to return a string, however based on the below, is this correct? How can i get this to work? I have attached a screenshot of my map also.

Thanks

: Error - The transformation code (XQuery/XSLT) failed to compile. (201)
Exception: net.sf.saxon.trans.XPathException: Required item type of first argument of java_lang_IntegerSmiley TonguearseInt() is xs:string; supplied value has item type java:java.lang.Object
at net.sf.saxon.expr.TypeChecker.staticTypeCheck(TypeChecker.java:303)
at net.sf.saxon.functions.ExtensionFunctionCall.typeCheck(ExtensionFunctionCall.java:113)
at net.sf.saxon.expr.ExpressionVisitor.typeCheck(ExpressionVisitor.java:181)
at net.sf.saxon.expr.LetExpression.typeCheck(LetExpression.java:96)
at net.sf.saxon.expr.RangeExpression.typeCheck(RangeExpression.java:39)
at net.sf.saxon.expr.ForExpression.typeCheck(ForExpression.java:96)
at net.sf.saxon.query.XQueryFunction.compile(XQueryFunction.java:365)
at net.sf.saxon.query.XQueryFunctionLibrary.fixupGlobalFunctions(XQueryFunctionLibrary.java:198)
at net.sf.saxon.query.QueryModule.fixupGlobalFunctions(QueryModule.java:1033)
at net.sf.saxon.instruct.Executable.fixupQueryModules(Executable.java:625)
at net.sf.saxon.query.QueryParser.makeXQueryExpression(QueryParser.java:107)
at net.sf.saxon.query.StaticQueryContext.compileQuery(StaticQueryContext.java:343)
at com.oaklandsw.transform.runtime.xquery.saxon9.Saxon9AdaptorImpl.compile(Saxon9AdaptorImpl.java:395)
at com.oaklandsw.transform.runtime.xquery.XQueryAdaptorImpl.compile(XQueryAdaptorImpl.java:66)
at com.oaklandsw.transform.runtime.xquery.XQueryAdaptorImpl.compile(XQueryAdaptorImpl.java:93)
at com.oaklandsw.transform.runtime.StandardMapRuntimeImpl.compile(StandardMapRuntimeImpl.java:162)
at com.oaklandsw.transform.runtime.StandardMapRuntimeImpl.runSubclass(StandardMapRuntimeImpl.java:232)
at com.oaklandsw.transform.runtime.MapRuntimeImpl$1.run(MapRuntimeImpl.java:402)
at com.oaklandsw.transform.runtime.RuntimeEngineImpl.runSansEditor(RuntimeEngineImpl.java:1149)
at com.oaklandsw.transform.runtime.MapRuntimeImpl.runMap(MapRuntimeImpl.java:393)
at com.oaklandsw.transform.runtime.MapOrStructRuntimeImpl.run(MapOrStructRuntimeImpl.java:805)
at mdm_transformation_update.jo_tdm_sap_idoc_test_0_1.jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.tFileInputXML_1Process(jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.java:2329)
at mdm_transformation_update.jo_tdm_sap_idoc_test_0_1.jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.runJobInTOS(jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.java:2908)
at mdm_transformation_update.jo_tdm_sap_idoc_test_0_1.jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.main(jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.java:2726)

at mdm_transformation_update.jo_tdm_sap_idoc_test_0_1.jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.tFileInputXML_1Process(jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.java:2338)
at mdm_transformation_update.jo_tdm_sap_idoc_test_0_1.jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.runJobInTOS(jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.java:2908)
at mdm_transformation_update.jo_tdm_sap_idoc_test_0_1.jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.main(jo_TDM_SAP_IDoc_Test.java:2726)

Accepted Solutions
Nine Stars

Re: TDM & GetMapProperty returning object rather than string....

Hi,

Could you try with this syntax ?

EricCapture.PNG

All Replies
Nine Stars

Hi,

Could you try with this syntax ?

EricCapture.PNG

Employee

That is the syntax I am using:

TDM.Error.JPG

Nine Stars

No, remove your java call.

Eric

Employee

Actually, sorry I am not using the same syntax Smiley Happy - I have just tested your suggestion (without the Java function) and I am not getting an error in the map anymore! Looks like the value is being cast automatically.

Cheers

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.