Six Stars

TAC unable to read the shared folder files

Hello,

When I am running a job to pull the file from the shared folder in windows, my local job is able to pick the file however when I'm deploying the job using TAC and executing, it throws me an error stating the file is not present. I've given the read/write access to the user-id for the folders and sub-folders however still getting same error. I'm kinda lost here now. could you please guide here?

Thanks!

• Data Integration
4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Eleven Stars

Re: TAC unable to read the shared folder files

This sounds like a permission issue. Your jobs running via the TAC will be running on a Job Server. The Job Server service will be run by a user. That user will therefore be running your jobs. As such, that user needs to have permissions to interact with the folders and files your jobs need to interact with. 

Rilhia Solutions

Hi,

Could you please show us your full message in your tac error log?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hello xdshi

I have attached the error details. I have given all the privileges to the user (read/write/execute) . Howerver still I'm getting this exception. Please guide where exactly I'm missing out.

Thanks!

Eleven Stars

OK, that is a network drive. I still think this is caused by what I suggested. You need to log in as the user running the Talend services and try to navigate to that folder from your Job Server machine. I predict that you will not be able to. This sounds like you will need your IT department to look into networking privileges for that user.

Rilhia Solutions