One Star

TAC questions

We are new users of Enterprise ESB and I have a two questions re TAC that I haven't been able to find the answers to:
1. Is publishing a task through ESB Publisher the same thing as right clicking on the Job/Route in ESB Studio and selecting Publish? If so, I'm a little confused as to why there are triggers available to Publish in TAC? It would make more sense to me if there were triggers available in ESB Conductor to deploy and/or run.
2. In Studio, I have created a Job and then a Route which calls this Job using cTalendJob. Everything is running fine in Studio. When I want to deploy this, do I have to deploy both the Route and Job in TAC and have both of them running? Or, is it enough to deploy and start the Route as long as the Job as been published to the repository?
As we're new to the whole ESB world, I hope these questions made sense and aren't too simplistic!
3 REPLIES
Employee

Re: TAC questions

Good questions.
1. ESB Publisher is similar but different than right clicking on the Route and selecting Publish. The ESB Publisher is for an operator (i.e. sysadmin) using the TAC. Using the right click publish is for a developer using the Studio. The ESB Publisher is for scheduling publishing of routes. There are triggers so that you can do continuous integration. Scheduling is appropriate for the _admin_ (rather than a developer.
Likewise, this is essentially scheduling a _build_ so it is more appropriate here than in ESB Conductor. Unlike Jobs, ESB Routes are essentially always running since they are event driven. So ESB Conductor does not have a scheduling construct.
2. It is enough that you just deploy the Route. When you deploy the Route it will include the jar of the job based on your reference in cTalendJob.
One Star

Thanks so much! This is very helpful.
Employee

Here is a link to the relevant page in the documentation. It is in the TAC Administration Guide if you are using PDF.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Managing+ESB+publish+tasks&content-lang=en