One Star

TAC Scheduling Status Issue

HI,
I scheduled jobs in TAC and added triggers to run the job continuously.
JOb taking Execution time as 1hrs 59 min , in that in activity monitoring console up to 1hr to 1hr 30 min the status of job showing as "Running" or "ok" after that the status is going down to "failure" in the last half an hour.
But job and data running successfully. After complete execution of the job the status is "OK"
Only the "failure" status is showing between in the last half an hour, there is no "exceptions and errors" in any logs.
Please anyone help me out of this ...
2 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: TAC Scheduling Status Issue

The error status of a job will recognized by the content of the errorCode variable in the job. It is not necessary to have an exception or similar. Take a look at the statistics or logs which is the last subjob when the job finished and check if you set this variable.
A job will only detected as OK if the errorCode variable is null - all other values (even the 0) will be recognized as error.
I think the TAC is far away from a good runtime environment for jobs. It is not reliable and does not support job chains based on the return code (errorCode).
I suggest you use a professional job scheduler.
One Star

Re: TAC Scheduling Status Issue

HI jlolling,
Thanks for the reply.
Right now am using Talend Enterprise edition 5.4.1 TAC scheduler do u mean this is only the professional scheduler ??
And am not using "error code" variable in any job.