N/A

TAC Dashboard Connection to Oracle Service

I am working with a client on behalf of Talend Prof Services in UK.

We are running Oracle 10g as a Service. The TAC db is successfully setup on this server. AMC in Studio is correctly configured and I can connect to the AMC perspective ok (although this can only be done by saving an incorrect connection then editing it as this allows you to override the complete jdbc entry).
On TAC however I cannot connect to it - I get "Cannot connect to database ( cause Io exception: The Network Adaptor could not establish the connection)". I have entered the HOST as @//{host} because if I don't I get a TNS error.
Any ideas?
4 REPLIES

Re: TAC Dashboard Connection to Oracle Service

Hi,
For this issue, "the Network Adaptor could not establish the connection".
1. Please check your IP(host) to see if it is correct, such as:jdbcSmiley Surprisedracle:thin:@192.168.248.154:1521:test.
2. Check your firewall, If there is fire wall, which will cause the port shield. Try to reconnect, after you turn off the firewall.
3. The listener of DB is down
Is it success setting an oracle DB connection in studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
N/A

Hi xdshi
Studio connects no problem and also TAC admin database ok too. The issue seems to be because it is a Service - there is no TNS set up for this instance.
The correct connection string for this server is jdbcSmiley Surprisedracle:thin:@//oex0-scan:1521/CIU_P
This is constructed differently from the TNS version (the "@//" and also "/" not ":" after the port). As I said I can make it work in studio AMC perspective only by creating it first then editing it as this allows me to override the whole string. Likewise in the TAC db we can add the whole string but it appears not in TAC Dashboard connections Smiley Sad
Thanks
Ian

Hi,
Could you please open a ticket on talend support portal, our colleagues from support team will schedule a webex with you to investigate your issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello, I am seeing a similar issue trying to setup a sql server database connection for AMC. It does not appear to recognize the additional parameters field entry. The connection works fine in studio and the jobs are populating data in the log tables, but I can't get the connection to work in TAC due to a user login error. But I know it is just not using the domain=xxxxx setting I entered in the additional parameters. Is there a file that I can configure manually to pass that entry?
Thanks,
Tina