TAC DI 6.1.1: Cannot generate job with tSendMail component.

Five Stars

TAC DI 6.1.1: Cannot generate job with tSendMail component.

I am developing locally on TIS6.1.1 and deploying to a server with 6.1.1 modules. Both studio and server were installed from same Tools install.
When I create a job, I do not get compile errors, but when I attempt to generate the job in TAC, I get compile errors with the tSendMail component. I have deleted the ComponentsCache.javacache
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors
At least job "FTP" has a compile errors, please fix and export again.
Error Line: 647
Detail Message: javax.mail cannot be resolved to a type
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:179)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.java:31)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:161)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:70)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors

Re: TAC DI 6.1.1: Cannot generate job with tSendMail component.

Hi,
Are your studio and TAC on different machines?
Have you already checked document TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules to put the downloaded modules in the following folder:
<TomcatPath>/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/lib ?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

My TAC/Commandline are installed on a server (Linux). My studio is on my machine (Windows).
Getting the following from the commandline:

!MESSAGE 2016-03-14 23:52:59,101
INFO  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - Missing jars: activation.jar[], mail-1.4.jar[], javax.mail_1.4.0.v201005080615.jar!
ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2016-03-14 23:52:59.101!
MESSAGE 2016-03-14 23:52:59,098 INFO  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - missing jar:javax.mail_1.4.0.v201005080615.jar!
ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2016-03-14 23:52:59.098!MESSAGE 2016-03-14 23:52:59,097 INFO  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - missing jar:mail-1.4.jar!
ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2016-03-14 23:52:59.097!
MESSAGE 2016-03-14 23:52:59,090 INFO  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - missing jar:activation.jar!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2016-03-14 23:52:59.094
One Star

I'm getting exactly the same compile error in the TAC for any job that has the tsendmail component, but more specifically, In Dev this works fine on Redhat and also in Prod. In Test this is coming up everytime. We cloned Prod to Test and it's still doing it.
As far as I can tell, all of the environments are the same.
What dependencies does the email component have that could be missing in Test?

Hi Albert Mayer,
On which build version you got this problem?
Could you please report a ticket on talend support portal so that we can give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.