T-Map - Notification of Input/Output class cast issues

One Star

T-Map - Notification of Input/Output class cast issues

Hello all,
My development team has providing predefined Tmap files to aid clients and integration teams in the creation of input files.
However, after loading these and connecting the Input table (generic database, provided by the client) to the TMap, we get a series of run time errors similar to these:
"Type mismatch: cannot convert from String to Date"
Unfortunately, the error does not specify the input or output that is causing the issue. I can dig several layers in to find the specific code or I can sift through every mapping to find where I goofed on the variable typing.
Since this type of class cast issue should be detectable, I would suggest either an automatic detection at map time to warn the user or an explicit 'check typing' option, where we could get a quick report indicating the affected input and output fields.
Ultimately, this sort of issue is 'user error', but minimizing the impacts would be helpful.
Thanks,
Richard Seeton
One Star

Re: T-Map - Notification of Input/Output class cast issues

I would also love to see a feature like that. It would improve the development speed to know type errors before we try to run things.
Now I have to switch to the code tab and just go to the error and see what field is getting me the error.
Thanks,
Alvaro Oliveira.
One Star

Re: T-Map - Notification of Input/Output class cast issues

Yes, i'm ok too. It's not easy to find wich field is in error where working on a complexe tMap ...