Syntax highlighting for javajet files available?

One Star

Syntax highlighting for javajet files available?

Hi there,
is there any way to configure eclipse to highlight the jet tags <% and %> in the javajet files when working on them with eclipse?
It is a bit frustrating to find out that forgetting one bracket or tag results in code not getting generated. Smiley Happy
Kind Regards,
ken
Employee

Re: Syntax highlighting for javajet files available?

Hello,
For Eclipse 3.3, you can download the Jet SDK plugin. I personally use version 0.8.1.
Syntax highlighting and auto completion are the most interesting features of this plugin.
One Star

Hi mhirt,
thank you for your advice.
I downloaded the sdk and the editor and the runtime from the following page, unzipped the files to the proper location and restarted eclipse. Nevertheless, the .javajet files don't get any syntax highlighting applied.
Do you have some further advice if i forgot some steps?
Kind Regards,
Ken
Employee

Are your javajet files associated with the Jet Editor in Eclipse preferences ?
One Star

Hi Mhirt,
under Windows->Preferences->General->Editors is no association for javajet files to the Jet Editor.
I added the according file type and tried to add an editor. The Jet Editor is not provided in the Editor list.
Any clues?
Kind Regards,
ken
Employee

If you can't see the JavaJet Editor in File associations, it's probably no well installed.
Can you see it in Manage configuration ? Do you have anything in your eclipse log ?
One Star

I can't see it in the manage configuration. Right now I'm trying to use the plugin manager from eclipse to locate the jet sdk but it doesn't show up as option to download.
One Star

Hi Mhirt,
i tried to get the jet sdk plugin from the plugin manager to download but it doesn't show up with that name.
Right now i'm downloading the eclipse 3.3 rcp bundle from eclipse.org.
Which version do you exactly use and would you mind sharing some of your configuration steps?
Kind regards,
Ken
Employee

I personally use m2t-jet-editor-incubation-M200709140748.zip available on this page : http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/m2t/downloads/?project=jet#archives
The Editor in Preferences is called EMFT Jet Editor.
I do not have any other tips.
Regards,
One Star

For those who don't use (or don't want to use Eclipse plugin), you can Notepad++ and choose ASP language.
Yes yes it works !!