One Star

Synchronize the tMap configuration once Excel file is modified

Hi all,
I have an Excel(tInputExcel) file and a table(tOracleOutput) mapped using a tMap component. This is just a one-to-one mapping from the Excel file to a target table.
But, my source Excel file's column names are slightly modified by a third party and I always have to do the same change manually in my
tMap component. For example if the Excel file's column name is modified, I have to do the same modification in my tMap's corresponding column.
Is there any possible way to synchronize this without an extra effort?
4 REPLIES

Re: Synchronize the tMap configuration once Excel file is modified

Hi,
Have you set Mapping links display as "Auto" in tMap component.

Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,
If your input metadata for excel file is changed, then job will throw the error at the input itself. tMap is the component which inherits the metadata from input. If the input column name changes, then you will have to again map it to output in tMap.
There is no escape for changing metadata in TOS...
If the order of the column is not changing, then there is an alternative... use default column names given by talend as Column0 etc and then use same in tMap as well from input side. Use whatever columns in the output as per your need. In this case, don't use header, skip the header while creating metadata.
Vaibhav
Seventeen Stars

hi all,
very tricky solution sanvaibhav, but you have not way to be sure that right data goes in the right column if position also change.
But as you said without dynamic schema (out of TOS) no esay way ! Smiley Happy

regards
laurent

Hi asthiwanka,
Is there any update for your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.