Sybase schema problem

One Star

Sybase schema problem

Hi,
Actually I have two problems regarding Sybase database schema but they might be related.
We are using Data Integration 5.2.2r99271 and Sybase Anywhere 12
Creating a Sybase connection does work well but as soon as I'm trying to "Retrieve Schema" I get no results back. The screen where is supposed to display tables and views remains blank. However, connection to DB is successful.
Any hints what could be wrong?
With generic ODBC I'm able to connect to the same Sybase DB and I can also retrieve the schema.
Later when I add a tDBInput component I get the error "java.sql.SQLException: Table 'CATEGORY' not found". However, if I manually alter the queries table name to DBA.CATEGORY then I can successfully pull data from the table. Any hints how I can add the "DBA" prefix permanently?
I will appreciate any help.
Best Regards,
Adrian

Re: Sybase schema problem

Hi,
I think you use the dedicated sybase component tSybaseInput and tSybaseOutput instead of tDBInput/tDBOutput that are general components for ODBC connection.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Had the same problem on the same Talend version.
To solve it :

On DB Type choose "General JDBC"
Set the Jar Driver "jconn3.jar" located at TOS_DI-r99271-V5.2.2\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.2.2.r99271\components\tSybaseInput
When you click on "..." for the Class Name it will automatically set "com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDataSource"
Enter Username and Password 
Set the "sybase_id" XML file

Test and validate your connection and that's it.
Now you'll be able to retrieve the Schemas.
Hope it helps.
One Star

Had the same problem on the same Talend version.
To solve it :

On DB Type choose "General JDBC"
Set the Jar Driver "jconn3.jar" located at TOS_DI-r99271-V5.2.2\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.2.2.r99271\components\tSybaseInput
When you click on "..." for the Class Name it will automatically set "com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDataSource"
Enter Username and Password 
Set the "sybase_id" XML file

Test and validate your connection and that's it.
Now you'll be able to retrieve the Schemas.
Hope it helps.