One Star

String to BigDecimal - precision error

Dear i have a string to convert to a BigDecimal(10,8) related to an oracle column of number (10,8) type.
In my Tmap i can convert with this "new BigDecimal(row9.conv).setScale(8,BigDecimal.ROUND_HALF_UP)"
But i receive an oracle error
ORA-01438: valeur incohérente avec la précision indiquée pour cette colonne
Any ideas ?
Regards
8 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: String to BigDecimal - precision error

Hi
For debug, add a tLogRow before tOracleOutput, and check the option 'die on error' on tOracleOutput, print the data on the console and see which data leads to the error.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

for the data see my print screen (data viewer)
See error below
Exception in component tOracleOutput_4
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01438: valeur incohérente avec la précision indiquée pour cette colonne
at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:74)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:131)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:204)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:413)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:1034)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:194)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatement.java:953)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1222)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3387)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3468)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1062)
Regards

Hi,
Which talend version do you used? We will take a testing for your case.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Talend Enterprise Data Integration Cluster edition 5.1.1r84309
regards

Hi,
I have made a testing for the expression, and it is totally correct(see my screenshots).
I suspect something wrong with the DB output, could you give us more information about that? It suggested that use tLogcatcher to catch the java exception from your oracle DB as @shong mentioned.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

See my screenShot attached
All oracle number defined as NUMBER(10,4).
You can see my value with two decimal but i still have an error.
regards
Exception in component tOracleOutput_4
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01438: valeur incohérente avec la précision indiquée pour cette colonne
at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:74)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:131)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:204)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:413)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:1034)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:194)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatement.java:953)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1222)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3387)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3468)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1062)
142013-04-26 15:51:28|java.sql.SQLExceptionSmiley SurprisedRA-01438: valeur incohérente avec la précision indiquée pour cette colonne
at datawarehouse.dwh_fact_mre_0_1.dwh_fact_mre.tFileInputDelimited_5Process(dwh_fact_mre.java:4092)
at datawarehouse.dwh_fact_mre_0_1.dwh_fact_mre.tETLMRELog_7Process(dwh_fact_mre.java:1193)
at datawarehouse.dwh_fact_mre_0_1.dwh_fact_mre.tETLMREStart_4Process(dwh_fact_mre.java:4677)
at datawarehouse.dwh_fact_mre_0_1.dwh_fact_mre.tWarn_4Process(dwh_fact_mre.java:8224)
at datawarehouse.dwh_fact_mre_0_1.dwh_fact_mre.tSetGlobalVar_4Process(dwh_fact_mre.java:8090)
at datawarehouse.dwh_fact_mre_0_1.dwh_fact_mre.runJobInTOS(dwh_fact_mre.java:11114)
at datawarehouse.dwh_fact_mre_0_1.dwh_fact_mre.main(dwh_fact_mre.java:10896)
Community Manager

Hi
All oracle number defined as NUMBER(10,4).

Can you please show us the table definition? In your first post, you said the table has a column, number(10,8) type, but now All oracle number defined as Number(10, 4)?
The error indicates inconsistent value with the precision indicated in this column, so I am sure we need to check the precision of the data will be inserted into the number column of table.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

This is the definition of the table :
CREATE TABLE BAAN_MRE.DW_STOCK_FACT
(
ID NUMBER(8),
ITEM_ID NUMBER(8),
REAL_STOCK NUMBER(10,4),
BLK_STOCK NUMBER(10,4),
ORD_STOCK NUMBER(10,4),
RES_STOCK NUMBER(10,4),
AUD_CREATION_USER VARCHAR2(30 BYTE) NOT NULL,
AUD_CREATION_PGM VARCHAR2(30 BYTE) NOT NULL,
AUD_CREATION_DATE DATE NOT NULL,
AUD_LASTUPD_USER VARCHAR2(30 BYTE) NOT NULL,
AUD_LASTUPD_PGM VARCHAR2(30 BYTE) NOT NULL,
AUD_LASTUPD_DATE DATE NOT NULL
)
I already set the scale of the BigDecimal in my tmap like that :
(tools.translateScientist(inv001.allo)).setScale(2,BigDecimal.ROUND_UP)
This is the code :
public static BigDecimal translateScientist(String val){
BigDecimal myval = new BigDecimal("0");
String someString;
int pos = val.indexOf("e");
if (pos > 0){
someString = val.substring(0,pos) ;
System.out.print(someString);
myval = (new BigDecimal(String.valueOf(someString)).multiply(new BigDecimal("10"))).pow(Integer.parseInt(val.substring(pos + 1)));
}else{
myval = new BigDecimal(val);
}
myval.setScale(2,BigDecimal.ROUND_UP);
return myval;
}
Regards