One Star

Strange Jasper Report error.

Hi,
I have been using jasper (iReport) to create a report. When I run the report through Ireport with the already created csv input source from talend the report works correctly and in the preview tab I can see the entire report with no errors. The problem occurs when I try to create the report through the jasper component in a talend job. It throws casting errors almost the same as this (cant post real log as its confidential information):
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file:
1. Cannot cast from Date to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.util.Date)field_datum.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=10$
<---------------------------------------------------------->
2. Cannot cast from Float to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Float)field_netto.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=11$
<----------------------------------------------------------->
3. Cannot cast from Float to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Float)field_mwst.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=12$
4. Cannot cast from Integer to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Integer)field_rabatt.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=13$
<-------------------------------------------------------------->
5. Cannot cast from Integer to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Integer)field_zbid.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=14$
<------------------------------------------------------------>
6. Cannot cast from Integer to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Integer)field_ausgewaehlt.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=16$
<------------------------------------------------------------------->
7. Cannot cast from Float to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Float)field_bezahlt.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=17$
<------------------------------------------------------------->
8. Cannot cast from Date to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.util.Date)field_datum.getOldValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=10$
9. Cannot cast from Float to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Float)field_netto.getOldValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=11$
10. Cannot cast from Float to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Float)field_mwst.getOldValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=12$
11. Cannot cast from Integer to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Integer)field_rabatt.getOldValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=13$
<----------------------------------------------------------------->
12. Cannot cast from Integer to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Integer)field_zbid.getOldValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=14$
<--------------------------------------------------------------->
13. Cannot cast from Integer to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Integer)field_ausgewaehlt.getOldValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=16$
<---------------------------------------------------------------------->
14. Cannot cast from Float to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Float)field_bezahlt.getOldValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=17$
<---------------------------------------------------------------->
15. Cannot cast from Date to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.util.Date)field_datum.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=10$
16. Cannot cast from Float to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Float)field_netto.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=11$
<----------------------------------------------------------->
17. Cannot cast from Float to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Float)field_mwst.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=12$
18. Cannot cast from Integer to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Integer)field_rabatt.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=13$
19. Cannot cast from Integer to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Integer)field_zbid.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=14$
<------------------------------------------------------------>
20. Cannot cast from Integer to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Integer)field_ausgewaehlt.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=16$
<------------------------------------------------------------------->
21. Cannot cast from Float to String
value = (java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Float)field_bezahlt.getValue())); //$JR_EXPR_ID=17$
Although while trying to convert Integer to String. I am using variables to create these fields so Im not sure why talend would even need to touch these fields? I would be happy if anyone has any suggestions of even a fix?
the log was taken from this guys error: http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/524190/problem-casting
That solution does not seem to work in my case.
3 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Strange Jasper Report error.

I now have the answer and am able to get it to work correctly. I will not be posting the answer instead I will give 10 points to anyone that has an answer that they think will work Smiley Very Happy

Hint:
Its a casting error or a casting bug from talend. A cast needs to be made in jasper. But what is it? and how do you do it?
One Star

DeanWake , tell me please how did you solve this problem. i'm spending more than 2 days trying to fix it :/
Seventeen Stars

You could use the component tJasperReportExec as clean alternative to the tJasperOutput component.
tJasperReportExec provides the possibilities like iReport to compile and fill a report based on a jrxml file and a database connection. There is no need to create an input flow and all of the problems with matching it to the internal field declaration of the report - this is what here causing the error.
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/index.php?eid=549&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1