Store Temp data in Tmap - BIN file deletion after execution

Seven Stars

Store Temp data in Tmap - BIN file deletion after execution

Hello all,

In my job, following RUN IF condition, i can generate xml file in two ways; it is either in batches or a single one (see screen-shot below).

The concept of both generation is the same (same file, same rules/expression, tmap, lookup, etc). I have a tmap and make use of a temporary folder (store temp data enabled).

The issue is that during the single file generation, all BIN FILE are automatically deleted in the temporary folder after a successful execution, where as for the batch generation, i noticed that not all files are deleted.

Is that an issue ?

Is it because the tfileinputdelimited (tempAchStandardFields) has not a direct connection to the tmap just the the single file gen..?

Any way to solve this out please?

Capture.PNG

---------------------

Capture4.PNG

Best regards,

asadasing

Seven Stars

Re: Store Temp data in Tmap - BIN file deletion after execution

Any updates please?
Community Manager

This may actually be a bug caused by the processing order of the tLoop. I can't really debug it here, but someone at Talend should be made aware of it @shong

A way to resolve this (a workaround) would be to add a tFileDelete at the end of the job and delete the folder containing the temp files.

Community Manager

Hi
I have reproduced the issue, i searched and I did't find related issues open on our bugtracker yet, I create a new jira issue.
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-40235

Thanks for your reporting, asadasing and rhall_2_0!

Regards
Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch