One Star

Stop usage of stats and logs

I have a talend job that had stats and logs set up to a database in the stats and logs tab of the job. The server that the database was on has been decommissioned. I tried to turn off the stats and logs in the job and the job runs successfully from the studio. However, if the shell script for the job is run, it returns "java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused" error and the jdbc driver show the following:
dbDriver:net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
url:jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://usa0128as009:1433//AMC;appName=RAW;
userName:gmorey
passwordSmiley Frustratedteelers1
dbConnectionNameSmiley FrustratedtatsAndLog_Shared_Connection

This is the server and database that has been decommissioned. Can you tell me what I need to do to resolve this? I need to be able to run the shell script.
17 REPLIES

Re: Stop usage of stats and logs

Hi,
Did you export your talend job as the article said How to export Jobs.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Community Manager

Hi
Are you sure you have re-export the job script and run it? and there is no DB component point to the same DB in the job?
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Since I can't seem to be able to upload an image of the export, here
are the settings that I used on the Export Jobs window:
Job version: 0.1
Export type: Autonomous Job
Options: All boxes are checked
User routines box checked and All in the pulldown
Export Dependencies box checked
Apply to children box checked
Linux is the context type

The job was re-exported and run. There actually are no DB components in this job...it appears to be trying to utilize the AMC database on the decommissioned server that was used for stats and logs. stats and logs settings have been turned off, and there are no tStatCatcher, tLogCatcher or tFolwMeterCatcher components in the job.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
For registered users, I realize the image upload feature is only available when clickin on "post reply" (not through the quick post")
This would be easier for you and more convenient for other users to address your issue quickly.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I tried using 'Post reply' and it did not work.
Can anyone please help me with the stats and logs issue?

Hi,
I tried using 'Post reply' and it did not work.

Did you notice the limitation :"Limits: 20 images per post, each image must be less then 1024x768 pixels and 200 KB "?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Yes. The file is less than 1024x768 pixels and less than 200KB.
Community Manager

Hi gmorey,
Check out your Studio preferences to see if the automatic stats & logs are turned off:
https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13797754#Raa97258
If needed, turn this off and reexport your job.

Off topic: can you detail your issue with the image upload here. I can't reproduce. You clicked "Post reply" and selected the number of image slots but couldn't complete the operation?
One Star

I am reposting the error. I turned off stats and logs setting and am not using any of these components.
This are the steps taken prior to the error.
1. Turned off stats and logs in the job tab of the job. The stats and logs previously used usa0128as009 as the host.
2. Exported job as an autonomous job with Linux context.
3. .sh file was run on server and produced the error stated below. Please note that usa0128as009 is a server that has been decommissioned.
Child job return 1. It doesn't terminate normally.
Exception in component connectionStatsLogs
java.sql.SQLException: Unknown server host name 'usa0128as009'.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:401)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.<init>(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185)
at routines.system.SharedDBConnection.getConnection(SharedDBConnection.java:63)
at routines.system.SharedDBConnection.getDBConnection(SharedDBConnection.java:131)
at raw2.sendmailftpfileexists_0_1.SendMailFTPFileExists.connectionStatsLogsProcess(SendMailFTPFileExists.java:1424)
at raw2.sendmailftpfileexists_0_1.SendMailFTPFileExists.preStaLogConProcess(SendMailFTPFileExists.java:570)
at raw2.sendmailftpfileexists_0_1.SendMailFTPFileExists.runJobInTOS(SendMailFTPFileExists.java:3970)
at raw2.sendmailftpfileexists_0_1.SendMailFTPFileExists.main(SendMailFTPFileExists.java:3822)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: usa0128as009
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.createSocketForJDBC3(SharedSocket.java:307)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.<init>(SharedSocket.java:257)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:311)
... 10 more
Exception in component talendStats_DB
java.lang.NullPointerException
at raw2.sendmailftpfileexists_0_1.SendMailFTPFileExists.talendStats_STATSProcess(SendMailFTPFileExists.java:2625)
at raw2.sendmailftpfileexists_0_1.SendMailFTPFileExists.runJobInTOS(SendMailFTPFileExists.java:3983)
at raw2.sendmailftpfileexists_0_1.SendMailFTPFileExists.main(SendMailFTPFileExists.java:3822)
Exception in component talendStats_DB
java.lang.NullPointerException
at raw2.sendmailftpfileexists_0_1.SendMailFTPFileExists.talendStats_STATSProcess(SendMailFTPFileExists.java:2625)
at raw2.sendmailftpfileexists_0_1.SendMailFTPFileExists.runJobInTOS(SendMailFTPFileExists.java:4022)
Please help!
Community Manager

Sorry I meant to direct you to the Project preferences for stats & logs : https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13797155 (and not the job settings)
There are various places where stats & logs can be turned on/off.
- using the components (for very specific and punctual stats/log needs),
- using the job settings
- using the project settings.
Obviously you had said you had turned it off in the two first places, I was just wondering whether the third place was also off.
One Star

I am assuming that one turns off automatic stats and logs by deselecting 'Job Designs' for stats and logs settings within the 'File--> Edit project settings--> Use project settings' of the studio?
As far as the image upload is concerned, I did the following:
1. Post Reply
2. show 1 Upload Slots
3 browse for the image file.
4. click OK.
No file displayed and did not appear when submitting the reply
Community Manager

Yes, it should turn it off completely indeed.
There might be a bug here. What version are you on?
You could turn it off by unchecking the On Databases box as shown in the screen attached (Testing the upload a screenshot here too).
One Star

Once I turned of stats and logs in the project settings and exported the job it runs fine now.
One Star

I have a talend job that had stats and logs set up, It's done by using below navigation
File->Edit Project Properties->Job settings-> stats & Logs
Refer the screen for property settings, while testing in talend studio it was works fine, i can able to see the files where all the stats ans logs are recorded under specified path, But the problem is after exporting the job i cannot get the stats and logs in .txt file, Where it will create for exported job, please advice.
Community Manager

Hi rathinasamyy
From your screenshot, I see you also output the stat&log onto the console, so do you see the stat&logs message printed on the console while executing the job script out of Talend Studio? The window disappear quickly once the job finishes, in order to read the message printed on the console, you can edit the job script and add this word at the last line:
pause
Shong
One Star

Thanks Shong,
Where the stat & log files will be stored when i executing the job from outside the TOS ( .bat file)
Because of i noticed when i run the job from TOS it's get stored whatever path i have specified in a above screenshot.
Advice me is there any global settings.
Community Manager

Hi
The path you specify in the File Path filed, see my screenshot. The job script is executed on the same machine where your studio is installed?
Which version are you using? There might be a bug on the version you are using, I just test this issue on the latest version 5.3.1 and it works fine, it output the stat&log message to the specified file.
Shong