SqoopExport issue: export-dir option conflicts with hcatalog-table

Four Stars

SqoopExport issue: export-dir option conflicts with hcatalog-table

When I add the Additional Arguments "--hcatalog-database talend_poc --hcatalog-table employees" in tSqoopExport, I get the error: The export-dir option conflicts with the hcatalog-table option. 'Export Dir' is a required field in tSqoopExport but it should not in case of HCatalog-database and HCatalog-table. The correct behavior is to ignore 'Export Dir' (even leaving the value blank would still add the export-dir operator) when HCatalog is used. This limits automatically tSqoopExport to not work with HCatalog. I couldn't find any workaround to what I believe it's a bug. Any recommendations?
Thanks.

Re: SqoopExport issue: export-dir option conflicts with hcatalog-table

Hi,
What's the build version you are using? Have you already created a jira issue on talend bug tracker?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I'm using Talend Real-Time Big Data Platform 6.2.1. I created the Jira for HCatalog support missing in tSqoopExport:
More details on exposing HCatalog to Sqoop here:
Best,
Antonio
One Star

The previous message missed the link.
Here is the Jira number: TBD-4089
One Star

And the missing link to the Sqoop official document that exposeHCatalog to Sqoop: sqoop.apache.org /docs/ 1.4.4/ SqoopUserGuide.html#_exposing_hcatalog_tables_to_sqoop