Sqoop export to Netezza issue

One Star

Sqoop export to Netezza issue

I'm trying to use tSqoopExport into a Netezza applicance. I've done this via the command line on my Cloudera 4.3 Hadoop environment with just the command line sqoop command, and really just trying to duplicate that effort in taled. I feel i've something either misconfigured but its not clear what. I've attached the component settings and changed the names to protect the innocent. Here is the output that I see when I run the job. Its the only component in the job. Also, i've added the nzjdbc.jar in my classpath and to my <installdir>/lib/java .
tarting job S2N_Basket at 15:57 14/01/2014.
connecting to socket on port 3447
connected
: org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration - fs.default.name is deprecated. Instead, use fs.defaultFS
: org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory - $SQOOP_CONF_DIR has not been set in the environment. Cannot check for additional configuration.
: org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory - Loaded manager factory: com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.DefaultManagerFactory
: org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory - Trying ManagerFactory: com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.DefaultManagerFactory
: org.apache.sqoop.manager.DefaultManagerFactory - Trying with scheme: jdbc:netezza:
: org.apache.sqoop.tool.BaseSqoopTool - Got error creating database manager: java.io.IOException: No manager for connect string: jdbc:netezza://u060ntz43.kroger.com:5480/ILW1TEST
at org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory.getManager(ConnFactory.java:185)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.BaseSqoopTool.init(BaseSqoopTool.java:202)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ExportTool.run(ExportTool.java:86)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:145)
at hadoop2netezza.s2n_basket_0_1.S2N_Basket.tSqoopExport_1Process(S2N_Basket.java:349)
at hadoop2netezza.s2n_basket_0_1.S2N_Basket.runJobInTOS(S2N_Basket.java:611)
at hadoop2netezza.s2n_basket_0_1.S2N_Basket.main(S2N_Basket.java:476)

Re: Sqoop export to Netezza issue

Hi,
I suppose you have checked the component reference TalendHelpCenter:tSqoopExport.
You can upload your component setting screenshots into forum by a Image upload box with limitation(20 images per post, each image must be less then 1024x768 pixels and 200 KB, .png is preferred).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

yes there is nothing specific in the sqoopexport with regards to netezza or configuring external DB JARs within the jdbc connection string. I did see the site rules about less than 1024 and 200 KB and was pretty sure that I cropped my images to meet those requirements, i did not see the .png preference my appogilizes.

Hi,
For registered users, please click on "post reply" (not through the quick post"). Let me know if it is OK with you.
In addition, you can send me your screenshots by email.(see email address under my avatar).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I clicked the URL to try to email you and apparently i don't have permissions to send you an email. And i'm pretty sure I did click the post reply button, but again, my apologizes i'm just trying to get some assistance here not meaning to break any rules.

Hi,
I have send a email to you, could you please check it and feel free let me know your difficulty.
Best regards
Sabrina
--