Splitting a csv input column into several output columns

One Star

Splitting a csv input column into several output columns

Hi there,
I'm quite new to Jasper ETL so my question might be quite obvious, although I've not seen it discussed in the forum: I need to transform an input row using one of the columns of that row. This column is a semicolon-separated string. The output row should contain an additional column for each of the CSV fields.
I've tried to use tMap but could not find a "split" or "tokenize" function; also I was not able to figure out how to fill several fields from the result of such function, which would output a string array. I also tried a tJavaFlex component but could not get past a error message about the input schema being different than the internal schema of the component (which is precisely what I need to do...)
Does anyone here has a clue about how to do that ?
Thanks a lot,
Christian
One Star

Re: Splitting a csv input column into several output columns

Hi,

I thing you can use the component tExtractdelimitedFields to transforme on collumn of a schema in several. (category procccessing>fields)

That is the solution ?

best Regards

Jeremie
One Star

Hi Jeremie,
thanks a lot for the quick answer. However I don't seem to have this particular component in the Palette currently, maybe because I'm using the free Jasper ETL version ?
Thanks,
Christian
One Star

tExtractDelimitedFields is under Palette -> Processing -> Fields
One Star

I have no subdir under Palette -> Processing, only components (tAggregateRow, tAggregateSortedRow, etc...)
I'm using JasperETL v2.3.2
Are you using another, more feature-rich version of Talend ETL ?
Thanks,
Chris
One Star

which version of TOS are you using? because that component was available in TOS 2.4.0 (see attached pic)

And are you looking under the "Fields" folder under the "Processing" header?
One Star

I think the issue is that he's using Jasper and NOT "native" TOS.
Employee

tExtract*Fields were added in branch 2.4
JasperETL is exactly the same thing as Talend Open Studio, no removed feature, only "rebranding" (logos, icons and so on).
One Star

I submitted the forum's first question about the usage of tExtractDelimitedFields earlier today. If anyone has any documentation or description of how to use it, please let me know.
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4079