Five Stars

Split single input into main and lookup for tMap

Hi

I have the following task:

I have a single xml file containing multiple product IDs and a single buyer ID. I need to enrich the file with prices, which I get with a SQL query including the buyer ID (prices are different depending on the buyers conditions).

My "solution" so far:

I tried to create two tables. One containing all product IDs in the xml file (tLogRow_1) and the other one is the result of the SQL query containing all product IDs the buyer is able to buy and their prices (tLogRow_3, lookup).

The problem:

I can't put both streams into a single tMap component (since its the same stream I guess). How can I achieve this without saving everything within temp files?

The job:

job.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help

Yannek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twelve Stars

Re: Split single input into main and lookup for tMap

If you split a flow, you cannot rejoin it in the same subjob. However, you can save the data from each sub-flow using tHashOutput components. Then in another subjob you can use that data with tHashInput components (linked to the output components) and join the data that way.

Rilhia Solutions
2 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

If you split a flow, you cannot rejoin it in the same subjob. However, you can save the data from each sub-flow using tHashOutput components. Then in another subjob you can use that data with tHashInput components (linked to the output components) and join the data that way.

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars

Hi rhall

Thanks for the fast reply. The hash components were hidden per default but after activating them in the project settings everything seems to work perfectly.

Best regards

Yannek