Six Stars

Splash screen ignores start-up selection

Refer to the image at bottom.

The Workspace Selection dialog includes a checkbox for "Always ask me at startup".  I unchecked this box and it continues to open this dialog and require clicking [Finish] before it will proceed to open the workspace.  I assumed that unchecking this box would actually cause it to not "Always ask me at startup".  Else, what is the point of the checkbox?

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 2.13.10 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Re: Splash screen ignores start-up selection

I suspect this is a Mac bug. There are a few quirky issues with the Mac version. Nothing that affects working with the tool, but a few bells and whistles. You can raise this as a Jira ticket it you like (jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa).

Rilhia Solutions
4 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

I suspect this is a Mac bug. There are a few quirky issues with the Mac version. Nothing that affects working with the tool, but a few bells and whistles. You can raise this as a Jira ticket it you like (jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa).

Rilhia Solutions
Six Stars

@rhall_2_0  I actually tried that first but my login credentials weren't accepted.  Do I need some special authorization to log a defect?

Fifteen Stars

Really? I set up my account a long time ago and if I am honest I cannot remember if I set another account (with the same details) for this or if it was set up automatically. Does it give you an option to create an account? Sorry, I'm always logged in, so can't tell.

Rilhia Solutions
Six Stars

@rhall_2_0  Well, that is strange; the login to bug tracker worked this morning.  Maybe someone added me?  Or maybe it is like the only-work-sometimes login from Talend into the community.  Anyway, now that I'm in, I'll log this and the other couple things as defects.

Thanks.