Speed comparison between TOS 6.5 and TS 6.3.1

Four Stars

Speed comparison between TOS 6.5 and TS 6.3.1

Dear all,

I face huge performance issues between Talend open studio 6.5 and Talend studio 6.3.1.

I have created the exact same job in both studio's (on same machine). This job contains a tmssqlinput and a tmssqloutput and linked together.

(Just to test 1 table). This table contains 11772873 rows.

With the Talend Open Studio I get 4200 rows/sec ~47 mins

With the Talend Studio (Licensed) I get 66 rows/sec ~3000 mins

It looks like the tmssqloutput  is the culprit here, because a tFileOutput is extremely fast in both situations.

Because the Talend studio 6.3.1 is licensed, I would like to have the same speed in this version as the version of the Open studio. What can I do?

Four Stars

Re: Speed comparison between TOS 6.5 and TS 6.3.1

Anyone?

Hello,

Are your TOS 6.5 and TIS 6.3.1 running on the same machine? How many GB RAM do you have?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Yes, they are running on the exact same machine. My machine has 16 GB of RAM.

This is my INI file:

-vmargs
-Xms1024m
-Xmx4096m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
-XX:+UseG1GC
-XX:+UseStringDeduplication

Hello,

Have you tried to allocate more memory to TIS V 6.3.1 to improve its performance?

Here is a KB article about:https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Allocating-more-memory-to-Talend-Studio/...

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

You didn't read my previous post? Anyway, I have tried even below settings without success:

-vmargs
-Xms2048m
-Xmx8192m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

Hello,

Are you using a 30-day free trial of talend data integration V 6.3.1?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

No, I have a 30 day free trial for TOS 6.5.

The TS 6.3.1 is licensed over TAC.

We are currently unable to upgrade from 6.3.1 to somethine higher unfortunatly.

Hello,

A 30- day free trial for Talend Data Integration V 6.5 is subscription solution without server part(TAC, AMC...)

Are you able to create a case on talend support portal for your licensed V 6.3.1? In this way, we can schedule a webex session with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--