Specifying working directory when running a job from inside TOS

Four Stars

Specifying working directory when running a job from inside TOS

Hi
I have the requirement to use absolute paths. When exporting TOS jobs logs are created in the folder I export the job to, and this works fine.
However, when I run the job from inside TOS log files are written in the TOS Installation directory. I need to specify a different working directory to which logs and files have to be stored.
Specifically, I am using a tFileOutputDelimited component with filename property = to
".//LOG//LOG_" + jobName + "_" + TalendDate.getDate("yyyyMMdd_HHmm") + ".log"
is that possible? is there a configuration item I am missing?
thank you
Shine
Four Stars

Re: Specifying working directory when running a job from inside TOS

shinesei - you're absolutely on the right path... To make it even better, create a context variable and assign it the default directory path, for example, context.workingDirectory = "//ServerName/Directory1".
Wherever you need to write to that directory, you'd use
context.workingDirectory + "/" + jobName + "_" + TalendDate.getDate("yyyyMMdd_HHmm") + ".log"
This way, you can change that working directory on the fly...
Seventeen Stars

hi all,
and to go further and follow willm said , by that way you can assign value for you contexte variable "on the fly" in your script file with :
context_param workingDirectory=/absolutePath/files/logs

depending on your environment execution (dev,int,prod,etc)
regards
laurent
Four Stars

Hi,
I have experimented with one more good idea to use system variable...
System.getProperty("user.dir")+"/_logs/");
This creates a directory for me to log. If it is in TOS, then current directory or when exported, it would use the exported current directory...
I found it more useful... Again this value is set into the routine and I am calling the routine for log file path... Even you can use some context variable if needed for the purpose of dynamic log folder name.
Thanks
Vaibhav