Specific Driver Installation

One Star

Specific Driver Installation

Hi,
I have an application with a specific driver *.jar.
I use it in Netbean IDE without problem to connect.  But I am not able to connect in Talend.
I have tried to use General JDBC, but I have not xml file an returns failure (I think). 
I have added the module but this module does not appear in the list of modules.
So my parametres are:
URL: jdbc:BD://GEST_2015_6
BDL.jar
BD.jdbc.LDriver
plus USER & PWD
I would like to know how to add a specific DRIVER for DB Connection.

Thank You

Re: Specific Driver Installation

Hi,
Have you tried to use component tJDBCInput which reads any database using a JDBC API connection and extracts fields based on a query to see if it works?
Please take a look at component reference TalendHelpCenter:tJDBCInput.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
I have just tested your solution. 
I have the same problem of connection failed.
Message said that the datbase name is not valid, but it is the same value used in the Net Bean IDE.

Best regards

JM
One Star

Hi,

If somebody can tell me how to solve this problem?

May I contact support or talend developers?
Best regards

JM

Hi JM,
Sorry for delay!
On which talend build version you got that? Talend open source or subsription version?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina
Thank you for you answer.
I am using Talend Data Integration 6.1 version
Note:"I repeat I can connect to this database using Java IDE, but not using Talend"
Best regards

Jean Marc
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Sorry, I forgot: I have not Subscription, my version is Open Source.
In fact I am testing Talend because I will need to have a tool that give me flexibility to do integration between Java Data Base, TX & CSV files, SQL Server, MySql, etc.
I think Talend is the tool, I have already connect Talend with MySQL, SQL Server Express (that not have DTS), but with my specific data base BD I am not able to reach!
For you information, I have done a lot of SQL DTSX Project.
Best regards
Jean Marc

[size=3][font=??]Hi,[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=??] [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=??]Could you please also upload your tJDBCInput component setting screenshot into forum? What's your specific application you are trying to connect to?[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=??]Feel free to create a workitem jira issue of DI project on Talend Bug Tracker.[/font][/size]
https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa
[size=3][font=??]Best regards[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=??]Sabrina[/font][/size]
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I have uploaded two screenshots tJDBCInput and my NetBean IDE (that works with this driver). My application is a local Accounting System that use JAVA, GESTION4.
Best regards
Jean Marc

Hi,
[size=2][font="Calibri",sans-serif]Can you upload again the screenshots you wanted to show, please? For some reason it didn't make it to your post.[/font][/size]

Best regards

Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina

OK, I have attached the sreenshot files.

best regards
Jean Marc

Hi,
From your screenshots, we don't find any error in the component setting.
No error message in Window-->Show view-->General-->Error log?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina

I have uploaded image and error log Below) with step by step process and error logs.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: No existe la Base de Datos 'GEST_2015_6'
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.getConnection(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:875)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.utils.MetadataConnectionUtils.getConnection(MetadataConnectionUtils.java:1216)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.repository.utility.SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.updatePackage(SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.java:686)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.repository.utility.SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.createNewRepositoryNode(SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.java:660)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.repository.utility.SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.getRepositoryNodeByBuildIn(SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.java:599)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.progress.OpenSQLBuilderDialogProgress.run(OpenSQLBuilderDialogProgress.java:54)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.OpenSQLBuilderDialogJob.run(OpenSQLBuilderDialogJob.java:117)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: No existe la Base de Datos 'GEST_2015_6'
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1041)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.getConnection(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:830)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No existe la Base de Datos 'GEST_2015_6'
at apl.dbp.a(SourceFile:61)
at apl.dde.<init>(SourceFile:51)
at apl.ddh.a(SourceFile:307)
at apl.ddh.a(SourceFile:21)
at apl.ddp.a(SourceFile:1300)
at apl.ddp.a(SourceFile:979)
at apl.ddp.run(SourceFile:719)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at bd4.jdbc.k.a(SourceFile:281)
at bd4.jdbc.k.a(SourceFile:178)
at bd4.jdbc.k.<init>(SourceFile:43)
at bd4.jdbc.j.<init>(SourceFile:60)
at bd4.jdbc.j.<init>(SourceFile:36)
at bd4.jdbc.XDriver.connect(SourceFile:18)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
... 9 more

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: No existe la Base de Datos 'GEST_2015_6')
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4441)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4356)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:139)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4147)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3764)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:197)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: No existe la Base de Datos 'GEST_2015_6'
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.getConnection(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:875)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.utils.MetadataConnectionUtils.getConnection(MetadataConnectionUtils.java:1216)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.repository.utility.SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.updatePackage(SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.java:686)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.repository.utility.SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.createNewRepositoryNode(SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.java:660)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.repository.utility.SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.getRepositoryNodeByBuildIn(SQLBuilderRepositoryNodeManager.java:599)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.dbstructure.DBTreeProvider.initialize(DBTreeProvider.java:261)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.dbstructure.DBTreeProvider.getElements(DBTreeProvider.java:242)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getRawChildren(StructuredViewer.java:999)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewer.getRawChildren(ColumnViewer.java:699)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getRawChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1349)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.getRawChildren(TreeViewer.java:353)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getFilteredChildren(StructuredViewer.java:905)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getSortedChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:617)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$1.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:815)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:791)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.createChildren(TreeViewer.java:611)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:762)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalInitializeTree(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1543)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.internalInitializeTree(TreeViewer.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$5.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1527)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1436)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.preservingSelection(TreeViewer.java:366)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1397)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.inputChanged(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1519)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:292)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1675)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.DBStructureComposite.createDBTree(DBStructureComposite.java:295)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.DBStructureComposite.<init>(DBStructureComposite.java:159)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.BuildInDBStructure.addCompnoents(BuildInDBStructure.java:122)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.BuildInDBStructure.<init>(BuildInDBStructure.java:93)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.SQLBuilderDialog.createDatabaseStructure(SQLBuilderDialog.java:353)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.SQLBuilderDialog.createDialogArea(SQLBuilderDialog.java:281)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.createContents(Dialog.java:768)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:435)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1101)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:797)
at org.talend.sqlbuilder.ui.OpenSQLBuilderDialogJob$1.run(OpenSQLBuilderDialogJob.java:134)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:136)
... 23 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: No existe la Base de Datos 'GEST_2015_6'
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1041)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.getConnection(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:830)
... 62 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No existe la Base de Datos 'GEST_2015_6'
at apl.dbp.a(SourceFile:61)
at apl.dde.<init>(SourceFile:51)
at apl.ddh.a(SourceFile:307)
at apl.ddh.a(SourceFile:21)
at apl.ddp.a(SourceFile:1300)
at apl.ddp.a(SourceFile:979)
at apl.ddp.run(SourceFile:719)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at bd4.jdbc.k.a(SourceFile:281)
at bd4.jdbc.k.a(SourceFile:178)
at bd4.jdbc.k.<init>(SourceFile:43)
at bd4.jdbc.j.<init>(SourceFile:60)
at bd4.jdbc.j.<init>(SourceFile:36)
at bd4.jdbc.XDriver.connect(SourceFile:18)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
... 64 more

I hope that help us to solve this problem. I impatient to work with Talend!
Best regards

Jean Marc

see FULL text in first code zone above.

see FULL text in second code zone above.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch