One Star

Software update repository cannot be reached

Hi,
I am getting an error connecting to remote projects, (and even offline versions of remote projects). After the splash screen and opening the project Talend crashes.
My log file:
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_45
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.ecore 2 0 2013-12-19 18:55:03.120
!MESSAGE Both 'org.bonitasoft.studio.jpdl' and 'org.bonitasoft.studio.importer.aris' register an extension parser for 'xml'
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2013-12-19 18:55:06.917
!MESSAGE 2013-12-19 18:55:06,916 INFO org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite - validate updatesite...

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 2 0 2013-12-19 18:55:06.949
!MESSAGE 2013-12-19 18:55:06,949 WARN org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - Software update repository cannot be reached (http://xxx-xx.xxxxxxxx:8082/archiva).
!STACK 0
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Software update repository cannot be reached (http://xxx-01.xxxxxxx:8082/archiva).
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.AdministratorClient.getJsonObjectForArchiva(AdministratorClient.java:704)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.AdministratorClient.getArchivaObject(AdministratorClient.java:680)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.services.RemoteService.getArchivaObject(RemoteService.java:29)
at org.talend.core.tis.service.CoreTisService.getArchivaObject(CoreTisService.java:162)
at org.talend.core.tis.service.CoreTisService.getArchivaObject(CoreTisService.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite.getArchivaServicesProperties(LoginComposite.java:1861)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite.validateUpdate(LoginComposite.java:1783)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite.<init>(LoginComposite.java:360)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog.createDialogArea(LoginDialog.java:176)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog.createContents(LoginDialog.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:790)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryService.openLoginDialog(RepositoryService.java:294)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.logUserOnProject(Application.java:256)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:89)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

The error says the repository cannot be reached, however I can check my connection to the TAC successfully, am connected to the proper network. The strangest part is that even opening the local version on my own machine, with wifi turned off still gives me the same error. Is it a workspace issue??
9 REPLIES

Re: Software update repository cannot be reached

Hi,
http://xxx-01.xxxxxxx:8082/archiva

Something wrong with your Archiva artifact repository.
Have you checked the document Artifact Repository
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I actually redacted that myself. It points to the right place but I wasn't sure if it was sensitive to the project I was working on so thought better to replace with x's just in case!
Either way I will check that artifact repository document for any answers

Hi,
The studio cannot read x'. You should put a real environment.
Feel free let us know if there any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Sorry I didn't make myself clear. In talend there is a real name of our environment. I changed it to xxxx's just when I posted on the forum as I didn't want to put that information on the internet. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Hi,
Thanks for your information. Is it working for you?
In addition that, what the talend enterprise subscription product build version are you using?
Best re
--
One Star

I'm using 5.3.1.
Changing the workspace worked for the offline version of the remote project, but I am still getting the same issue when trying to open a remote project through a remote connection.

Hi,
Could you please open a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that we can schedule a webex with you to give a remote assistance.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I've exactly the same issue : http://IPSERVER:8082/archiva/restServices/archivaServices/ not available for studio launch with remote connection

Hi macfly,
Is the URL http://IPSERVER:8082/archiva working well? Have you checked document TalendHelpCenter:Archiva artifact repository.
Best regards
Sabrina
--