Four Stars

Snowflake connection: Pre defined context variable naming convention for Talend Integration Cloud

Hi,

Can someone please help me with the naming conventions of context variables that follow connection_parameters for a Snowflake connection.

I have created a snowflake connection in my talend job, but when i publish it to cloud, i am NOT able to select/link the snowflake connection defined in Cloud

4 REPLIES

Re: Snowflake connection: Pre defined context variable naming convention for Talend Integration Cloud

Hello,

Please refer to this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Adding context connection parameters to the Job to see if it is what you are looking for?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Snowflake connection: Pre defined context variable naming convention for Talend Integration Cloud

Hi Sabrina,

I have gone through this document, but this didn't help. Since context connection parameters need to follow strict naming conventions like for salesforce context parameter for user name should be 'connection_salesforce_basic_username'. I did NOT find the such names for Snowflake connection parameters. I tried creating context parameters with names like 'connection_snowflake_userId' etc. but when i publish this job to Talend Integration Cloud, the Snowflake connection defined in the Cloud is NOT able to pass values to context connection parameters of the Talend job.

So i am looking for exact names of the context connection parameters

Regards

Saurabh

Employee

Hi Saurabh,

TIC uses very strict naming conventions for all the parameters. The syntax for native connections must start with 'Connection_<application name>_<parameter_name>'. You might want to use this only if you are using the native connectors provided by TIC. 

As snowflake connection are not yet part of the native connectors, you need to use user defined parameters. the syntax for user defined parameters is 'Parameter_<parameter name>. See the link given below for details. 

https://help.talend.com/reader/Mav4Vp0qD5Scvag1kN90pA/mlNjwb5d5bGkY9emOuyixg 

Regards,

RekhaSree

Employee

Hi Saurabh,

to use connections, create the custom component with snowflake type. I have done as follows and i am able to connect to snowflake.

Studio :studio.png

TIC connection :

TIC.png

Tic Flow : the connection is displayed in the flow.flow.png

Thanks,

RekhaSree