Four Stars

Slow/delay when opening or saving metadata in talend open studio

Hi Group,

Since I have upgrade to v6 of talend open studio (currently running 6.2.1) I have noticed a long delay when I open or save a metadata object.  On open, the properties box comes up immediately, but you can't click or change anything for about 30 to 60 seconds.  Then it's fine.  On save the box closes immediately, but you can't click or do any work for about 30 to 60 seconds.  It doesn't matter if it's a simple FTP metadata object or something more complex like a database schema.

Everything else is fine performance wise.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

• Data Integration
5 REPLIES
Ten Stars

Re: Slow/delay when opening or saving metadata in talend open studio

Yes, I have raised support calls related to this. The only thing I can suggest that *sometimes* works is to restart Talend before doing anything with your metadata if you have had Talend open for a while. The faster your machine is, also helps. I'd recommend a min of an i7, 16GB RAM with an SSD......but you will still see the metadata updates take time, just maybe a bit less.

Rilhia Solutions

Hi,

What the OS you are using? Is there any error message in log? Does this issue repro on V 6.3?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Thank you for your replies,

I am running 6.2.1 on Windows Server  2012 R2 Standard, 64bit with 32 GB RAM. 

I loaded up 6.3.1 and created a new workspace and project and just created a single FTP metadata connection.  Editing it was fast with no delays.  I also created a new project and workspace my current 6.2.1 version, and a single metadata item is fast.

So I guess it's just that my project is large with many DB connections and schemas?  I was running 5.6.2 before with no problems.  This all started after upgrading from v5 to 6.2.1.

Do you know if I can directly open my 6.2.1 project with the 6.3.1 release or do I need to import everything? 

Thanks!

Four Stars

I see a lot of these errors on startup, but nothing specific when opening metadata

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_112
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

org.talend.platform.logging
Info
Wed May 03 11:44:14 CDT 2017
2017-05-03 11:44:14,659 INFO  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - The download URL for jodbc.jar is not available

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_112

org.talend.platform.logging
Info
Wed May 03 11:44:14 CDT 2017
2017-05-03 11:44:14,644 INFO  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - The download URL for hadoop-mapreduce-client-hs-2.7.0-mapr-1506.jar is not available

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_112

org.eclipse.ui
Warning
Wed May 03 11:43:55 CDT 2017
Invalid preference category path: org.talend.designer.runtime.visualization.internal.ui.JavaMonitorPreferencePage (bundle: org.talend.designer.runtime.visualization.tools, page: org.talend.designer.runtime.visualization.internal.tools.ToolsPreferencePage)

Hi,

You can export your project from V 6.2 and import it into V 6.3 directly.

Here are documents about:https://help.talend.com/display/TalendOpenStudioforDataIntegrationUserGuide63EN/2.7+How+to+export+a+... and https://help.talend.com/display/TalendOpenStudioforDataIntegrationUserGuide63EN/2.4+How+to+import+pr...

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.