Skip Excel columns

One Star

Skip Excel columns

I have an excel input in which there are 8 columns. I want to create an output which has data from 1st, 7th & 8th column only. So can I achieve this in talend?
I tried to use tInputExcel & then I edited the schema so that I kept only column number 1, 7 & 8. But when I ran the job, talend extracted data for columns 1,2 & 3 instead of 1,7 & 8. So is there any way to tell talend to skip column numbers 2 to 6?
Thanks in advance.
One Star

Re: Skip Excel columns

I think I figured this out. I used tMap component in which I mapped only required columns. So basically my input has all 8 columns which goes to tMap & output from tMap has only 1, 7 & 8 columns. This worked fine. Thanks

Hi,
It is a good job. I'm here to share my demo job to you. My workflow is tFileInputexcel-->tFilterColumn-->tFileoutputExcel. see my screenshots
For more details, please see the component reference tFilterColumns
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes, I think this is lot better than using tMap. tFilterColumns suits best for my requirement. So thanks for showing correct solution.

Hi venky_194,
We have promoted Talend Help Center to community guests which provides a structured source of enriched information and knowledge, certified by Talend, where you can quickly and easily find out how to make best use of the full range of Talend products, hope it will be helpful for your further work.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.