One Star

Simple Teradata Load does not work

I am trying to load a simple excel file to teradata and it will not work. I have defined the database where to create the object in the t_teradataoutput. I specifically state that it should create the object test but for some reason it does not.
The job stream is
create schema for excel file
connect to t_teradata_input
create table test
insert into table
close job.
Starting job einstein at 13:52 25/09/2009.
connecting to socket on port 4084
connected
Exception in component tTeradataOutput_1
com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: : Object 'test' does not exist.
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.ReceiveInitSubState.action(ReceiveInitSubState.java:92)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.subStateMachine(StatementReceiveState.java:270)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.action(StatementReceiveState.java:161)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.runBody(StatementController.java:100)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.run(StatementController.java:91)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.Statement.executeStatement(Statement.java:287)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.Statement.execute(Statement.java:199)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalStatement.execute(TeraLocalStatement.java:392)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalStatement.execute(TeraLocalStatement.java:356)
at einsteinload.einstein_0_1.einstein.tFileInputExcel_1Process(einstein.java:602)
at einsteinload.einstein_0_1.einstein.runJobInTOS(einstein.java:1151)
at einsteinload.einstein_0_1.einstein.main(einstein.java:1060)
disconnected
Job einstein ended at 13:52 25/09/2009.
I also get this message because it is trying to load the data to my user spool space even though I specify the database on teradata where the data should be loaded.
Starting job einstein at 17:11 25/09/2009.
connecting to socket on port 3905
connected
connecting to socket on port 4382
connected
com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: : No more room in database youngs.
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.ReceiveInitSubState.action(ReceiveInitSubState.java:92)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.subStateMachine(StatementReceiveState.java:270)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.action(StatementReceiveState.java:161)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.runBody(StatementController.java:100)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.run(StatementController.java:91)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.Statement.executeStatement(Statement.java:287)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.Statement.execute(Statement.java:199)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalStatement.execute(TeraLocalStatement.java:392)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalStatement.execute(TeraLocalStatement.java:356)
at einsteinload.einstein_0_1.einstein.tFileInputExcel_1Process(einstein.java:621)
at einsteinload.einstein_0_1.einstein.tTeradataConnection_1Process(einstein.java:258)
at einsteinload.einstein_0_1.einstein.runJobInTOS(einstein.java:1214)
disconnected
disconnected
at einsteinload.einstein_0_1.einstein.main(einstein.java:1116)
Job einstein ended at 17:11 25/09/2009.
5 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Simple Teradata Load does not work

is it possible to buy support for this problem? How do we get in touch with Talend Support?
Employee

Hi Sheridany;
Let's try this expression instead of "test" in the TABLE field.
"DUISG2\".\"test"
Best regards;
One Star

I tried what you suggested and got this error message. using terdata v13
i used "test\".\"TESTBUILD"
com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: Syntax error, expected something like '(' between the word 'test' and '.'.
at
One Star

I am trying to create a table in Teradata from a data source. I have selected to drop if exists and create. This is using teradata v13. this is the error message.
com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: Only an ET or null statement is legal after a DDL Statement.
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDatabaseSQLException(ErrorFactory.java:317)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.ReceiveInitSubState.action(ReceiveInitSubState.java:104)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.subStateMachine(StatementReceiveState.java:286)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.action(StatementReceiveState.java:177)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.runBody(StatementController.java:111)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.run(StatementController.java:102)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.Statement.executeStatement(Statement.java:339)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.Statement.prepareRequest(Statement.java:506)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.PreparedStatement.<init>(PreparedStatement.java:65)
disconnected
disconnected
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.createPreparedStatement(TDSession.java:694)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalPreparedStatement.<init>(TeraLocalPreparedStatement.java:88)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalConnection.prepareStatement(TeraLocalConnection.java:331)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalConnection.prepareStatement(TeraLocalConnection.java:150)
at testingtalend.test_0_1.test.tMSSqlInput_3Process(test.java:638)
at testingtalend.test_0_1.test.runJobInTOS(test.java:1439)
at testingtalend.test_0_1.test.main(test.java:1300)
One Star

I got the answer. Need to set Commit in the advanced setting to 0