Four Stars

Should Talend and database should be installed on same server to use bulk components of Talend?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: Should Talend and database should be installed on same server to use bulk components of Talend?

As said in my previous answer, the DB server must be accessible from the place where the job runs, there is no move of any file from 1 machine to another, the file stay where it has been created by the job.

TRF
7 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Should Talend and database should be installed on same server to use bulk components of Talend?

Hi Guys, I would like to use bulk components of Talend to load data into Oracle database. So my question is there any constraint such as (Talend and Oracle db) should be on same server??

or they can reside in individual servers (Talend installed in one server and Oracle on another server)?

Please reply to this if anyone have idea on this.

Thanks in advance

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

SQL*Loader must be installed on the machine where the job runs.

You don't need to run the job on the same server as the database engine.

TRF
Four Stars

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

So you mean to say that (Talend and SQL*Loader) should be on same machine irrespective of where the database is installed right??

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Right.
If your run the jobs from the Studio or from TAC, SQL*Loader must be accessible from the same environment.
If you've build autonomous jobs, SQL*Loader must be accessible on the machine where they run.

TRF
Four Stars

Hi,

got your point.

I have one more doubt.

So when I use tOracleOutputBulk and tOracleBulkExec for bulk load approach the file which gets generated in tOracleOutputBulk to be loaded by SQL*Loader will be created in the path mentioned where talend studio is installed right?

So sqlloader will use the file by connecting to the DB mentioned in the tOracleBulkExec and it will load right?

Four Stars

HI Guys,

Any reply??

My question is the file which will be loaded by bulk load component will be created in the server where Talend is installed right?

So how does talend move the file to db server and load the file ?

or it will connect to DB from talend and load the file?

Any idea on this??

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

As said in my previous answer, the DB server must be accessible from the place where the job runs, there is no move of any file from 1 machine to another, the file stay where it has been created by the job.

TRF