Shell Script to execute commands under Talend

One Star

Shell Script to execute commands under Talend

Hi All,
I have a requirement to automate the installation and starting of jar files using ./trun.
Right now we are doing it using the by manually going into ./trun and then execute the commands like.
1. install mvn:com.abc/abc.xyz/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
Please help me automating this.
Regards,
Vaibhav
One Star

Re: Shell Script to execute commands under Talend

Hi
Which version of TOS do you use?
What's your aim to use shell script?
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi,
We are using TESB_SE-V5.1.1. The aim is to automate the deployment of jars inside the TESB (Talend) container without any manual intervention in linux.
I have to ingest feeds in every 2 hours, and everytime we have to execute the same commands.
Please help.
Right now we are using it like this :
# ./trun
karaf@trun> list
karaf@trun> install mvn:com.abc/platform.core/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
and 5 more like this. We need to automate this.
One Star

Can this be done in any way ...
Please help
Regards,
Vaibhav
Employee

I assume you are using the ESB SE and hence do not have access to the commercial subscription with TAC? TAC includes a scheduler function which will work fine for jobs deployed to the ESB.
Are you using Routes (authored with Mediation perspective) or Jobs (authored with Integration perspective)? Sounds like Jobs. You have a few other alternatives.
The cTalendJob component is available in Mediation perspective. You could create a route that goes from a a timer component to a cTalendJob component. See http://camel.apache.org/timer.html or http://camel.apache.org/quartz.html for details on how to configure a Camel timer component. In Mediation perspective you can use the generic cMessageEndpoint to configure these.
Alternatively, you could use a cFile component along with the same cTalendJob and use a separate cron process to create a file in the directory that was being monitored by the cFile component.
Finally, you could use more complex Job components to create a long running job process that waits for a trigger file and then launches a separate job using tWaitForFile and tWaitForFile along with a cron process. You can find description of these components in the Components Reference Guide.