SharePoint Integration

One Star

SharePoint Integration

Hi Folks,
Firstly I Love your project and have been using Talend for some time now..
Anyway, I have become very active in a very exciting MS product maned SharePoint (it is now officially MS's fastest growing product). The product is a "monster" of an application. There are many aspects where I believe Talend's architecture would fit very well.
Has anyone brought this up before? Although I am fairly new with SharePoint, I would be willing to work with someone here to help. If there is interest please let me know.
Thank You,
Gus
One Star

Re: SharePoint Integration

Sharepoint (in it's latest form) has become a nice product.
What were you thinking of in terms of Sharepoint and TOS?
One Star

I would like to see the ability to use a sharepoint list as data source
MC
One Star

Me, I need to synch MS SQL 7 data with Sharepoint Lists. Great challenge, eh?!
One Star

The good news is that Sharepoint lists are a web service so no need of c#$% and similar stuff I bet.
One Star

Can someone give me a bullet point algorithm to connect from Talend to Sharepoint and download files to local directory?
Thanks,
Community Manager

Hi
This topic is so old, but I can't help you, Sowjanya, because I am not family with Sharepoint, hope Li_SpeedyG will come back to us and share his new idea.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

So has anyone successfully used tWebServiceInput to grab SharePoint list data?
One Star

tFileFetch can be used to download file from SharePoint directly. Just follow the steps in the Component Guide, you can do this fairly quick.
I went one step further: apply tSoap to call SOAPaction GetListItems of webservice lists.asmx, and then port the response to a XML file. By parsing the XML using tFileInputXML, I get the list of URLs of all files in a SharePoint Doc lib folder. The final step is to iterate the list and supply the URL to tFileFetch so that all files can be downloaded. Set up a batch job to grab many folders and saved tons of clicks !
Community Manager

tFileFetch can be used to download file from SharePoint directly. Just follow the steps in the Component Guide, you can do this fairly quick.
I went one step further: apply tSoap to call SOAPaction GetListItems of webservice lists.asmx, and then port the response to a XML file. By parsing the XML using tFileInputXML, I get the list of URLs of all files in a SharePoint Doc lib folder. The final step is to iterate the list and supply the URL to tFileFetch so that all files can be downloaded. Set up a batch job to grab many folders and saved tons of clicks !

Hi randyqin
Thanks very much for your knowledge and solutions! They are very helpful for users who want to integrate Talend with SharePoint.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Shong, I've been a follower of you and picked a lot from you. Thank you !
Here are the details for anyone who wants to download files from any SharePoint library folder. This job should work out of box, all you need to do is to set your own context values.
Note that following SOAP msg is critical (to understand how the msg is set up, read http://sharepointmagazine.net/articles/writing-caml-queries-for-retrieving-list-items-from-a-sharepo...:
"<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>
<soapenv:Body>
<GetListItems xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/'>
<listName>Collaboration Documents</listName>
<query>
<Query>
<Where><Neq><FieldRef Name='FSObjType' /><Value Type='Lookup'>1</Value></Neq></Where>
</Query>
</query>
<viewFields>
<ViewFields>
<FieldRef Name='Title' />
<FieldRef Name='EncodedAbsUrl' />
</ViewFields>
</viewFields>

<queryOptions>
<QueryOptions>
<IncludeAttachmentUrls>TRUE</IncludeAttachmentUrls>
<Folder>" + context.SP_site_noTrailingSlash + "/" + context.SP_folder_noLeadingSlash + "</Folder>
</QueryOptions>
</queryOptions>
</GetListItems>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>"
"SP_site_noTrailingSlash" is the SharPoint Site such as "http://some.any.com/sites/site", and "SP_folder_noLeadingSlash" is library folder such as "Shared%20Documents/Some%20and%20more%20description". (Note that when you set up folder value in windows batch file, you must use %%20 instead of %20.)
Have fun !
One Star

Getting the following error while fetching a sharepoint file. Was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and the way it was resolved.
Exception in component tFileFetch_1
java.lang.Exception: Method failed: HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND
One Star

Hi,
Can any know hoe to place the xls file in share point library .